New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Computers are not produced perfect!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shadyimpala

shadyimpala is on a distinguished road

So I've replaced my brand new MB 2.0ghz models 3 times and its still not perfect!

First time I bought one, as soon as I opened it a huge dead pixel bottom right of the screen, maybe 2 dead pixels on top of each other! I was disappointed so I turned off laptop and went the next day to return it.

Second laptop exchange. I come home and I find not a dead pixel but I guess a pixel thats not working properly like the rest. I let it slide, you can only see it on a white background most of the time and its small. Looks like a pixel that just doesnt brigthen up as much as the rest of the screen very tiny. Fine, then I find a piece of hair curled up in a C under the LCD with the computer off! Maybe 2mm big. I couldnt believe it. I said "I LOVE LITTLE PRETTY PINK POODLES no" and went back. Before I went back I also put the laptop under a very bright light with it off and I found more dust inside, which you really cant see but dust? I thought they make computers in a perfectly dust free environment.

3rd computer. I open it up, another one of those not as bright as other pixels this time its in the corner. And the black lining above the LCD screen around the mac has a white speck in it like theres either a white colored speck of something in there or the paint missed a spot.

So yah there we go! I refuse to believe I've had bad luck 3 times in a row with all brand new boxes, the apple store I go to sells tons of these macbooks every day. I believe alot of clients are getting their macs like this but just not caring.

Theres no way im going to replace it for the 4th time, I figured I take it hair free and in a month I wont even be anal about it. We'll see if that white speck bothers me.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I'd return it again. I recently returned a 19" LCD monitor three times to Best Buy because of dead or glowing pixels. In my situation it was a matter of $200.00 for the monitor, but you're talking about at least a $1000.00 investment. Take it back!

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
AirAddict

AirAddict is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0 uni

first time 2.4 perfect
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Open the thing up in your car if you have to and check to see if there are problems with it. Then you can go back to the store if you have to.
QUOTE Thanks
AirAddict

AirAddict is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0 uni

I had a MBP Yellowing Issues and the store let me open before i took it...
QUOTE Thanks
shadyimpala

It took 4 exchanges before I finally got a perfect one..
QUOTE Thanks
bw1128

bw1128 is on a distinguished road

that makes me want to go check mine better.
QUOTE Thanks
deathtolife04

deathtolife04 is an unknown at this point

Yeah I bet a lotta people just didn't want to deal with taking it back. My macbook that I got a couple years ago has had a little speck on the screen since I got it. I was sooo excited to get my macbook that day and start messing around with it that I never took it back to exchange it! And now it annoys the crap out of me!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Mjc.americor

Mjc.americor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz

I am completely happy with my New Aluminum MacBook.
The only thing was that the power adapter had some sort of black grease on it so I just wiped that off.

15.4" MacBook Pro Unibody
2.4GHz 4GB Ram and 500GB HD nVidia Geforce 9600
QUOTE Thanks
tcphoto

tcphoto is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP

I'm sorry to hear about the problems but look at it this way, you got four new computers in a matter of ten days.

Imagine how those MS XBox customers feel when they got those red lights and they won't fix them. As it turns out, they are acknowledging the problem was known and it's costing them $1.5 Billion to fix or replace the problem. It reenforces the quality Customer Service with Apple. I know about this first hand since Apple replaced an older Powerbook that had problems with a new MBP
QUOTE Thanks
Futch

Futch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM

FedEx Delivered my new MB today (I'm still at work) and I can't wait to open it. I'll keep you posted about any flaws or problems I run into. First time Mac buyer and I'm pumped, I love Apple, I have the iphone 3g and had to have the new MB for Law School.
QUOTE Thanks
shadyimpala

Lol! Well im done with Macs. I was going through wallpapers today I find a black wallpaper, I change it and BAM i see white spots and half circles on my LCD.

WTF!?

I haven't in my life experienced this many problems with a laptop ever.
QUOTE Thanks
Futch

Futch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM

the only defect I found with my new aluminum MacBook is that the trackpax seems to be slighty off center (as in there is more space between the edge of the glass and the aluminum on the left side than the right. It is very minor and doesn't affect the use so I don't care). I love it though no dead pixels or any problems of any sort
QUOTE Thanks
Jmurr187

Jmurr187 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192

In my opinion- No company is going to make 100% of their computers perfectly. The problems people say they have with macs are the same exact problems Dell HP Gateway etc... have. Macintosh is not to blame, this stuff just happens with ANY product out there on the market. Every computer I've bought I asked the sales person to open the box and check everything before I even leave the store, and I would advise EVERYONE to do the same. Defects happen with any product, any company.
-Just my 2 cents on the subject.
Sorry to all you with problems
QUOTE Thanks
shadyimpala

4 Defective laptops though? The sales person was speechless she kept apologizing for my "bad luck"

1. First laptop huge dead pixel (2-3 together)
2. A piece of hair under LCD
3. Another dead pixel
4. White botches and half circles on LCD

I took my 1500 back and ran
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trackpad Lifting Up | W and S Problem »