New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - How Long Will a Fully Charged Battery Hold Its Charge?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Christopher

Christopher is an unknown at this point

I have a spare battery for my White, 2.4 ghz MacBook. It's from another macbook in which the logic board burned out, so i can use the parts. If i charge this battery fully and keep it in my laptop bag, how long does it hold that charge? Thanks for any responses.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by how its animals are treated.

-Mahatma Ghandi
QUOTE Thanks
maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

my MB 1.83 white, used to hold 4.25hrs on full charge, 2 years later, close to 500 recharge cycles, i barely get 45mins. lol

but time for a new battery!
QUOTE Thanks
Christopher

Christopher is an unknown at this point

No, I'm saying, if you don't use it... just charge it fully and then store it for a time when you're not near a power source or something... when you install your backup that you had fully charged... how long until the power is dissipated just from sitting there? thank you.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by how its animals are treated.

-Mahatma Ghandi
QUOTE Thanks
tkim

tkim will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
No, I'm saying, if you don't use it... just charge it fully and then store it for a time when you're not near a power source or something... when you install your backup that you had fully charged... how long until the power is dissipated just from sitting there? thank you.
If it's not for a prolonged period of time it should hold it's charge for awhile. Based on this link:

Apple - Support - MacBook - Care and Handling

When storing your computer for longer than five months, discharge the battery to approximately 50 percent and then remove it from the MacBook. If you are storing your computer for an extended period, recharge your battery to 50 percent every six months or so.

So I say if you are going to be carrying it with you only to use in an emergency, you should be good for about 5-6 months. I'd recharge it maybe once a month if you haven't used it.

Use not abuse the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook to HDTV (Audio Problem) | Need advice on whether to exchange new macbook again »