Question Speck hard plastic case - Keeps Mac hot?
    I have a Macbook Pro that I bought the Speck case for but I am wondering if it was a bad idea. I was playing the demo for the X-Plane game when I noticed that the Mac was pretty hot - very hot. So I am wondering if the plastic case insulates the the Mac to much and prevents the aluminum case from doing its job to cool the Mac?

Anyone else with any experience along this line?

maybe it was hot cause you were playn a game,dunno. im going to get the speck case,so hope its not an issue. shouldnt think it is tho.

Specs:
    MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
    Well if you were an awesome fast machine and I covered YOU with a case and just left a breathing hole, would you get hot?

That's what I thought.

lol in all seriousness idk

Specs:
    2.0 uni
    yes it will get hot and it scratches the MBP easy..sold mine

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I didn't have a problem with heat when I had mine, but I did find it kludgy - especially around the hinge, where it would occasionally catch on itself. It got so bad that the plastic actually cracked after some use.

I had the same problems with the Techshell case, so I wouldn't recommend either product.

I just picked up an Invisible Shield on eBay yesterday, so if you're interested, I'll let you know how well that works out when it arrives.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

the incase hard case is pretty nice.

Specs:
    15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
    Are you covering any vents with the case? This may be causing the issue.
    15.4" Apple Unibody Macbook Pro Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4), 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066Mz DDR3 SDRAM (2x2GB), 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD), NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB, SuperDrive 8X - Apple Remote Infrared (IR) - Logitech MX Performance 2.4 GHz Wireless - Apple Keyboard Bluetooth - iPhone 4 32GB, Black

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by bad.heron View Post
    Are you covering any vents with the case? This may be causing the issue.
    I don't think anyone in their right mind would do that. If that is the case it's because of bad design. >_>"

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    I don't think anyone in their right mind would do that. If that is the case it's because of bad design. >_>"
    The Speck case has ventilation cut outs over major heat sources. Although it will increase operating temperature slightly, it's not a cause for concern.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Specs:
    MacBook Pro-2.4 GHz, 256 MB Video, 4 GB Ram, 250 Gig HD. 1TB Firewire E-HD, 22' HP Monitor.
    I got the invisible shield for my MBP and I absoloutely love it. The problem I was having is that the desks at school are smaller than the bottom of my computer so it would hang off the side of the desk. If I shifted the computer at all the edge of the desk would scratch the bottom of my MacBook Pro. And luckily the invisibleSHIELD is easy to install.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by PROcedures View Post
    I got the invisible shield for my MBP and I absoloutely love it. The problem I was having is that the desks at school are smaller than the bottom of my computer so it would hang off the side of the desk. If I shifted the computer at all the edge of the desk would scratch the bottom of my MacBook Pro. And luckily the invisibleSHIELD is easy to install.
    Well, mine just showed up - and although it was a bit tedious to install, it really is a great product. I just wish it was a little less expensive. I can't help but feel ripped off since it really is nothing more than an adhesive backed cellophane film that is cut to fit the different sides of your product.

Of course, now that it's on, I think it's worth it. How long did it take for your micro bubbles to dry out?

Thread Information