PowerBook Superdrive noises
    When I am ripping DVDs or CDs the drive makes a strange noise every second. Nothing loud, but sounds kinda funny. Not sure if that is normal. Does anyone else that owns a PowerBook experience this? Will the Apple Protection Plan thing that I bought for $350 cover this?
    Thanks all,

New Jersey
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    mine kinda makes noises aswell, Not all the time only when it is spinning very fast, such as importing cds into itunes or dvd ripping, but not when listening to the cd, or playing the DVD, I think it is normal. I am on a 15" if you are on the same, i think it is normal. I also believe the protection plan covers all non-abusive hardware and software problems
    My Website
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

Los Angeles, California
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    I have the 15in Ti book and mine does the same thing as PowerBookG4 does, Since you have the coverage, I would keep an eye on it.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Arlington Heights, IL USA
    17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
    Are you talking about the normal whirring noise or the noice that sounds like the hard drive is searching for something??? If so then that is normal because when I first got my 15" Powerbook I noticed the same thing and went into the local Apple store and had them put a CD into one of the display Powerbooks and it did the same thing and the guy from the Genius bar who was helping said it was normal and usually you wouldn't notice it but due to how thin the Powerbook is, that is why you hear it more than with a desktop computer.
    Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.

Thread Information