New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

I think I could live with a 12in screen *pic*

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I am starting to look again at the iBooks since the mac mini was a not quite what I hoped it was going to be. Here is a pic of my 14in Dell laptop, sitting on the screen is a piece of paper the same size as the 12in iBook screen. Sure it is smaller but it really doesn't seem that bad, plus the smaller size would just make it more portable.
QUOTE Thanks
ktparker

Hey, you have the same laptop as me. Is it slower than molasses? Mine is... (after only a year and a half of use).
QUOTE Thanks
Gar

weird! same laptop as me too! but then i switched to a 12in ibook. its so sweet,go for it my friend
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktparker
Hey, you have the same laptop as me. Is it slower than molasses? Mine is... (after only a year and a half of use).

Mine is about 2 years old, It can still do all the stuff I need, WoW included. The outside casing has all kinds of scratches though, I drag it with me to school everyday.

It takes the same ram as an iBook so I could just steal the ram out of it if needed.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

as far as the 12 inch screen, its the same amount of screen real estate, just depends on your resolution settings.
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

hey im planning to leave my packardbell laptop for a nice 12" powerbook as soon as funds permit, linux is good but its just too much to carry round all day
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan

If you can, visit an Apple store and see for yourself.
QUOTE Thanks
Gar

inflexion, take a look at yellowdog linux. im thinking of givin it a try when my warranty runs out
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

yea ive read good things about it but tbh im hoping that i wont have to bother with it, if i do i might go in deep and try gentoo
QUOTE Thanks
iPodMiniLover

Yeah, you might wanna go to the Apple Store and look at the 12". I have a dell that is a 15" that I've been using for many years and when I went to the Apple Store to look at a 12", those 3 inches seemed like a lot. I've decided on a 14".
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

hmmm i might decide the same then and end up goin for a 15" PB then
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Applecare question | Warrenty Question »