New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

customize powerbook (NEED HELP)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

robwilbur

I hope somebody can help me out i have a powerbook ti 15 inch 1 ghz and the casing is all warpped and scratched. I don't want to replace the casing with the titanium i want to use the aluminum casing. Is this possible. Can you use the same internal parts and use aluminum casings for the outer parts. I know that i would have to change the keyboard, bottom casing, real display, front display, battery, and top case trackpad assembly. I want to know if this is possbile and if the internal parts will still work. there is one other thing, the screen in the TI is all built in but the aluminum has a front bezzel and a back display housing and how would i be able to use the same screen. I do know that the setup is different for the usb and other slots. Please help. I would hate to go back to the TI parts. The reason why i am asking becuase to go and buy a new powerbook would cost about 2000 and if i could cusomize my old one it would cost me half that
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

It will cost you more money to fix your current TiBook then it will to just buy a new one...The size dimensions of the Ti and Al books aren't exactly the same so you can't just swap the casing. The ports on the TiBooks are also on the back whereas the Al Books all ports are on the sides with a different type of hinges for the screen at the back

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

you could always build a new case out of plexiglass, and but cool blue LEDs in it. This will be quite time consuming but it can be done, just becareful, the components of laptops are made to fit nice and tightly inside so make sure that you don't leave space inside for parts to move incase you acciently drop it, but try to improve on airflow from the prievous case.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone got there rebate back from amazon? | last minute iBook buying questions... »