New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Air - Advantage of the MacBook or MacBook Air?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chi

Chi is on a distinguished road

What is the advantage of the MacBook Air over other notebooks or netbooks?

I just want to get a light computer for going to lectures or seminars, and the price of the MacBook or MacBook Air is a bit too high!

Any reason why Apple is selling notebooks at a few times the price of a netbook? And will Apple release a netbook anytime soon?

I checked on Amazon, a small Eee PC 2G is around $250 US, and a Eee PC 901 16G (16GB SSD HD, 1GB memory, 8.9" display) is around $330 US. They both are lighter than the MacBook Air.

I am used to Windows, and I have some (limited) Mac, Solaris and Linux experience. Anyone here owns both a MacBook and a Eee PC? What is your suggestion?

ASUS Eee PC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aspire One - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

--Chi
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

The advantage of Macs is OS X. If you have no particular desire to use OS X and can settle on Windows or Linux, then I suggest saving your money and just go for the Eee PC.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Khris

Khris has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD

And you can't seriously compare a netbook to the MacBook Air......they aren't even remotely close to one another.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« would this be covered? | Toxic Fumes From Mac Pros? »