New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

airport card question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fasheezy

fasheezy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD

okay, so i have to apply to law school and LSAC will only let me do applications on a WINDOWS machine so i traded laptops with my girlfriend for the week. one very disturbing thing that i've learned is that websites on her laptop load BLAZINGLY fast, while my powerbook takes at least 3 times longer. i'm not exactly sure what affects the speed of loading webpages, but she has a 2ghz P4, 512MB, 32MB video card, running XP, and using Firefox. i have a 1.25ghz, 512MB, 64MB video card, running panther, and using Safari. she uses a 802.11g card, just like my airport extreme, but i think her D-Link has some speed accelerator or something. in which case i still don't think that would affect the download speed from the net. we also both use 802.11b wireless routers in our respective apartments. no matter which apartment we're in, hers is always faster when loading webpages. any answers?
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

have you tried any other browsers besides safari? camino, firefox, opera, omniweb? some say safari is quite slow.
QUOTE Thanks
IChing

Have you tried this: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...40516220739506
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dent in top of case - Please help. | So I'm almost dead set on getting a 12" iBook »