Thread: RAM Upgrade

RAM Upgrade
    I just got a PowerBook with 512MB of RAM on two DIMMs. I would like to purchase a 1GB stick and was wondering where the cheapest places are, from those of you who have upgraded. I have checked the usual places, pricegrabber, pricewatch, froogle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I don't know about the cheapest place, but if you want nice quality Ram, Crucial is the way to go.

Fort Bliss Texas
    Macbook Pro, Mabook Air, Ipad Mini Retina, Ipad Air2, Airport Time Capsule, 2x Iphone 6
    1gb of ram for my ibook was 197 shipping included. Everyone says pay more get better quality. I don't know, but I am very happy with my ram, no problems whatsoever and I am running just as fast as my buddy with the same ibook setup with more expensive ram. Mine may be dead in 3 years while his lasts 5 years, but hey I paid almost half of what he did, so In 3 years i will buy a new one if necessary.

1GB stick for $159.99USD. Many Apple users have bought it and had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by tariq

1GB stick for $159.99USD. Many Apple users have bought it and had no problems.
    I bought 2 of those sticks and they work fine for me. :cool:

2 weeks so far and yet to have any problems. Ran a few test and they all passed.

Thread Information