New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Powerbook G5 BET at my office.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ppuga

Hey guys, theres a office partner here who is betting that the Powerbook G5 will make its appearence in the MACWORLD in a few days jajaja

what do you think!!! jajaja

I think this CAN'T happen!!

do I have I BIG Chance to make some money? on this!?? jajaja

:cool:
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

I wouldn't hesitate to put a large sum of money on the fact that this isn't going to happen. If you are actually able to wager with him, this will probably be the easiest money you'll ever make.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I will almost garauntee you no g5 laptop in the year 2005 at all. go for it, bet a little extra for me.
QUOTE Thanks
firsteggprez

firsteggprez is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook

im doin this same thing at school... except i wont make any mony cause i owe the kid money...

-Chapman Film School: Class of 2012-
QUOTE Thanks
Steveman434

Steveman434 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 (soon)

well i guess you won... :mad:
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveman434
well i guess you won... :mad:
is this the guy who he was betting against?
QUOTE Thanks
Steveman434

Steveman434 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 (soon)

no... just a random passerbyer
QUOTE Thanks
ppuga

jejejeje
YES!
I WON!
jajajajaja

Love this kind of bets!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

yeah you deffinatly won, There is no sign of the G5 coming out in 2005 any where on the internet!

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

Well, Apple is full of possibilities, they can even announce a speed bumped PowerBook next month if they wanted to. They would've done so today, but they didn't. Why? OBVIOUS! They're planning something big! If it was just some simple speed bump, it would've been annoucned. DUH!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Sexyboy

Sexyboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
yeah you deffinatly won, There is no sign of the G5 coming out in 2005 any where on the internet!
totally disagree a powerbook g5 is coming 2005!!!! It has too there too behind..I have all of my trust on apple adn i know there goign to do somethin just wait another 4 monhts and well see whos right!
QUOTE Thanks
bassplayrr

bassplayrr will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyboy
totally disagree a powerbook g5 is coming 2005!!!! It has too there too behind..I have all of my trust on apple adn i know there goign to do somethin just wait another 4 monhts and well see whos right!
I sincerely hope your right. I need a laptop in the next six months or so and would really like a G5 model.

-Chris
QUOTE Thanks
Sexyboy

Sexyboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
I sincerely hope your right. I need a laptop in the next six months or so and would really like a G5 model.

-Chris
are u kididng me there would be a powerbook g5 by june the latest. The only reason why apple too so long for a new update is the g5 chip shortage and is expected to reasle on in q2 05 isch is aorund the next few months. I imiagine around late feb or mid march.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyboy
Sure, I hope your right, but there is that heat issue. The G5 will turn out alot of heat and the powerbook g4 is just so hot already. I have looked everywhere on the interent and I can't find any evidence of it being true about a powerbook g5

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

God, for the amount of inane ranting he's doing all over the forums, you'd think Sexyboy gets royalties on every G5 sold

Seriously though you won't see a G5 PowerBook in 2005.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« USB 2.0 and Nokia Charger | F keys »