New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Apple.ca Price Drops...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Computer.Geek

Computer.Geek is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD

Apple has quietly dropped the prices of their iBooks and Powerbooks on www.apple.ca for all us Canadian Mac users. It looks as if they dropped the prices on their lcd screens as well. The Ipods have dropped in price b/c the Canadian levy was removed and Future Shop already was on top of the price drop at least a couple of weeks before the Apple site. For students wanting to get a notebook, the education discount looks a lot better!! It's good to see Macs are becoming much more affordable and competitive with their PC counterparts, (although I know a lot of people don't want to see this happen) :headphone

Just posting this to any Canadians looking out to get a Mac.
Peace!
QUOTE Thanks
oldnews

oldnews is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz

I bought my Ibook from the Apple Canada website at the begining of December and there still the same price. So they must of changed them awhile ago.
QUOTE Thanks
stephen.sharpe

Their prices have dropped 50 at Apple UK, today.
QUOTE Thanks
iPodMiniLover

Does this mean a new iBook soon?
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Doubt it. They just came out with a new one. There is also price drops on the Powermac G5's, and the iMac G5.. Also the powerbooks and eMacs. THats pretty much everything. Even the apple displays. I think currencies have changed or something and every other site other than teh american one has changed prices to match US currency.

Although I'm very happy! I live in Canada !
QUOTE Thanks
Computer.Geek

They introduced new ibooks only last october but the price drops on the powerbooks may indicate something BUT DEFINITELY NOT A POWERBOOK G5! :cool:
the ibook 12 inch is 50 bucks cheaper than it was as of 2-3 days ago as it was advertised on the apple homepage as "ibooks starting @ $1299"
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

no new ibooks, thats just not true.

the price drops were only made available for non-US customers (Canada, UK, and perhaps others) because of the difference in cost when considering VAT, taxes, exporting/localizing costs, etc.

read here:http://www.macosxrumors.com/articles...rope-by-10%25/
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Looks like Apple is trying to increase thier market share.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

I just hope these continued price drops don't result in lower quality and customer service levels ala Dell.
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
Looks like Apple is trying to increase thier market share.
Maybe. It's gotten me really interested . Or they are just being fair.
QUOTE Thanks
Computer.Geek

I understand that Apple has to remain competitive especially because Dell offers very competitive prices which is why they are the world leader in PC sales. But hopefully the quality standard will not decline although I believe it's a bit unfair to say that Dell has "bad" quality when they have millions of users and just say the 5% of them have problems will look like a lot when statistically it isn't. Honestly I'm happy that Apple is at least more realistic with their prices now b/c it helped me get the ibook I have today. But most definitely the Powerbooks had to drop down in price (here in Canada) because they were definitely a bit expensive since the ibook updates.

p.s.

looking forward to seeing the new flash ipods!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Drive no longer reads CDs? | Problems with Burner »