New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Why doesn't my video camera work?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thisstupidmac

thisstupidmac is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

I am having a problem figuring out how to fix my built in video camera on my MacBook. I was using the camera for iPhoto and for Skype, and suddenly it stopped working. When I open iPhoto it says that there is no camera connected.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am so irritated with this Mac. I only bought it in February, and I keep having problems with it. Not only did my battery go to **** and I had to get another one, but my software updates won't install properly either!

Thanks for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

step one: step away from the computer.

step two: h.a.l.t. are you hungry, angry, lonely, tired? take care of these first.

step three: when you're ready, come back, give us some good details of your issues, what you've got loaded, any peripherals attached to your machine, any prior troubleshooting steps, etc.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
BoiseAuctioneer

BoiseAuctioneer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

I have the same issue, any application that I try and use the camera it says it is already in use in another application. This is NOT the case and it has been an issue for the past few months through countless updates.
QUOTE Thanks
jubjubmacbook

jubjubmacbook is on a distinguished road

the sad thing is my camera JUST stopped working this second and i don't know why? i need help too!
QUOTE Thanks
MacbookUser

MacbookUser is on a distinguished road

Iv'e been having a similar problem, when I tried to take a picture the green light DID NOT come on and photobooth said that there was no camera. WTH???
I need some help here
QUOTE Thanks
Xan

Xan is on a distinguished road

Make sure that you don't have two applications that require a camera running simultaneously, this can often cause the camera to not work and for that to come up.
QUOTE Thanks
sinkovich107

sinkovich107 is on a distinguished road

If you have two programs open at the same time that require the camera it wont work: one program I overlooked when I was having this problem was the gmail gchat - once I closed my gmail window I was able to use the camera to skype.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro to TV | Very weird graphics issue »