New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Apple can make a powerbook g5 easily

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sexyboy

Sexyboy is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone before u guys bash me hear me out plz. Apple can make an powerbook g5 but do i want it that's a whole different story. Apple can simply make a 2inch thick notebook and call it the powerbook g5 with nosiy fans and extremly heavy. Heres an perfect expamle http://www.alienware.com/product_det...de=SKU-DEFAULT Now do u want something that ugly and thick with the fans running max constanly while just doing word proceing. You may ask how do i know this becuase my friend has that alienware and its so noisy that i cant tolerate it with 5 secs of turing it on all u hear are these ridiculious noisy fans. Now apple can make a powerbook g5 in a matter of seconds but its about the quality of the notebook. Apple has very very very very very very high standards. Imagine it like this apple is the first class in the airplane and alienware is the coach in the airplane. Alienware does stuff so cheap but charges a ridiculious amount for it. All i have to say I can wait another 3 years at least till the powerbook g5 comes out cause i want apple to do the besst job ever. I would rather have a small speed bumb rather than my notebook being two inches noisy fans running hot and so fuc*** ugly that u gust want to throw it away. So there u have it people whom are waiting for the powerbook g5 are going to wait a lonnnnnnnnnnggggggg time. Until then its proably another speed bumb then around may or june dual core g4 but i can care less apple is an amazing company and i respect them so much and i want them to take as much as time as possible right now im enjoying my powerbook g4. And for u whom maybe thinking ohh centrinos are better no they arent. I won a chem notbook and it has a dothan yea who cares if it is way faster it constanyl breaks and the computer always shutsdown. I send it in for repairs they blamed me that i scratched the cpu i was like no i didnt so now im filfing a law suite against chemusa never and i mean never buy a windows pc i can careless if they are 900000x faster its about quailty and coustomer support. Apple does the best of that. When I accidently spilled water on my powerbook g4 17 ( I have many many notebooks) I told apple what happened and that I dont have the money to reapir it guess what they were nice engough to repair it for free. Well the actually replaced it cause they felt bad and they know i buy from them so much. So i do apprectiate apple and everyday I bless them for being the best comptuer commpany ever. I LOVE Y APPLE UR THE BEST
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

right on, i agree with most of what you said
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

I kind of disagree with the title. Atleast right now...
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun89
I kind of disagree with the title. Atleast right now...
Maybe you should read his post then, it'll explain the title...
QUOTE Thanks
General_K

I got a headache reading that.
QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

I agree with a lot of what you said, it's not like they can put quiet 80mm fans in there it will have to be something creative (ie: multiple fans with a newly engineered heatsink or maybe even watercooling But seriously what is up with the terrible grammer on this board lately?
QUOTE Thanks
Sexyboy

thank you so much for reading that and im glad most of u agree of what i said. People are probanly saying im wrong cause they just released the xserve dual g5 2.3ghz and maybe saying apple can relaze 2ghz well i dont think so cuase whqat batteries are going to last long enough and remeber the powerbook is 1inch thick are ver close to it adn the exserve is 1.75 inches thick. And dont foregt the display wich the exserve does not have. So i think its a good step but there is more that has to be done. I know it stinks but thats life and i am desperately wating for new powerbook just like everyone else here.
QUOTE Thanks
Sexyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanstech
I agree with a lot of what you said, it's not like they can put quiet 80mm fans in there it will have to be something creative (ie: multiple fans with a newly engineered heatsink or maybe even watercooling But seriously what is up with the terrible grammer on this board lately?
seeeeeeeeeeee im in vacation and im using dial up and my cousins always have to use the phone so there rushing me. Like right now there yelling at me its there stupid boyfriend lol g2g
QUOTE Thanks
Cloudane

Reading a post without paragraphs (or any other grammar) is far too much like hard work.

I got the gist though - they could make a noisy brick because people are dying to have a G5 Powerbook, or they could wait and make a *decent* G5 Powerbook. Rather than have everyone hate their big noisy brick, they'd rather make people wait and give them something decent. Good!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Let me see, a powerbrick verses a powerbook. Which one do you want?

A powerbrick is good for smashing windows, and a powerbook is good for getting your work done.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

hmmmm....
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Maybe you should read his post then, it'll explain the title...
Doens't make it clear that they can easily make a G5 PowerBook. If they could you think they'de have it now?
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun89
Doens't make it clear that they can easily make a G5 PowerBook. If they could you think they'de have it now?
Obviously you didn't understand the initial post...
Apple could build a G5 PowerBook today, it would be as thick as the iMac, surely not very silent, not lasting more than an hour on battery, and be to heavy. As this isn't their goal, and not the way Apple does things, they don't do it.

When Apple will build a G5 PowerBook (which won't be anytime soon) it has to be as thin, good looking and easy to carry as the actual PowerBook. And a battery that lasts at least as long as that of the actual PowerBook.
As this seems to be impossible for the moment, they do not make G5 PowerBooks.
I hope now it's clear...
QUOTE Thanks
johnnyluu

johnnyluu will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook

I mean lets be fair Apple could put a quad G5 processor 16 gig ram 30 inch tablet G5 together that you could control with your thoughts alone if size, noise an cost wasn't an issue.

What is basically being said is that Apple can't make a Powerbook G5 at the moment so starting this thread was a little bit silly to begin with.

Now onto to the Apple PDA, Apple 3 button mouse and Video iPod discussion. Any takers?

I say, "Unless it causes death, it's not a problem!".
http://johnny.persistentperil.net
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I know, let's turn this into the "products that apple could make - but won't" post.

I'll go second (after johnnyluu's thought-controlled tablet pc)

How about:

THE iBOARD

It's a sleek white skateboard type device, except it doesn't have any wheels.
Instead there is a dual-G5 built-in at the bottom for wireless mobile surfing and music listening.
Thing is: it has to be really slim, so there are 8 fans cooling it. The fans run so fast, that they generate enough lift to make the board hover close to your head when you're not on it, and about half a meter of the ground when you are on it.

Any takers?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Audio Pop | Firewire to USB 2.0 ??? »