New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - What would you like to see in the next revision?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CodeSamurai

CodeSamurai has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD

Hey all. I'm just biding my time before the next update and decided to see what everyone else might be looking for come the next revision. Here are a few of my ideas specific to the Macbook Pro:

GPU: I'd like to see an Nvidia 9 series...maybe a 9600M GT with 256-512MB VRAM. As far as I know, these have the potential to consume a little more power than the current 8600M GT, but hopefully the new processor will even that out a bit. I also wouldn't mind seeing a Sony-esque option to switch back and forth between integrated and dedicated graphics, just to save battery, granted Apple is awesome with implementing that best possible battery life into OS X.

CPU: Centrino 2...not much more than that. I could care less about clock speeds because frankly, they're pretty fast as it is. Energy efficiency is nice though.

Screen: The current screens are beautiful, so not many changes are needed. Maybe for the 15.4", give the option for a slightly higher resolution (1680x1050) but that's it.

Battery: Maybe a higher capacity battery, or just simply better battery life. I use my lappy all day, so the more the better.

Let me know what you guys think! This can pacify us for awhile

Trent out

CodeSamurai | Facebook
Twitter >> Flickr
15.4" 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 Macbook Pro w/ High-res antiglare screen and Nvidia 650m GT w/ 1GB VRAM
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I have a t61p with a much higher resolution than the current 15" MBP's (also have that).. to be honest it's pretty hard to read at much above 1440x900.. 1680x1050 would be as much as I'd like to see it pushed personally. The battery life, yea I see what you're saying.. I've just gotten used to plugging in every once in a while. So given that...

What would I like? that is what would get me to replace mine?

BD capable burner.
Docking station port
some sort of indicator for drive activity (a light )
multi-card (including CF) reader built in.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
falcontook

falcontook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram

Definitely better battery life. Maybe a better cooling system, when the GPU is in hard use, the MBP gets pretty hot. I like Dysfunction's idea about the multi-card reader. That could really help when downloading pictures to your MBP.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Higher screen res on all models 1920X 1200. None overheating GPU, 8 core CPU. Better battery life.
QUOTE Thanks
nwndarkness

nwndarkness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Higher screen res on all models 1920X 1200. None overheating GPU, 8 core CPU. Better battery life.
Let me get this straight... you want better battery life AND and 8 core CPU? What are you smoking?!?
QUOTE Thanks
anton

anton is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 4th gen / 2.4 GHz / 2GB ram / 200 GB / 15.4 inch / GeForce 8600M GT

Hmmm... higher screen res, docking station port (definitely, I was quite annoyed about this when i switched), and I want it to make me coffee .

p o r t f o l i o / p e r s o n a l s i t e : http://simanov.net
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« GPU clicking noise in MBP | Resource busy -external usb drive »