New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Macbook Pro, Bad ram card? (RL Screenshots Included)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hulio-G

Hulio-G is on a distinguished road

Working Ram - http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=goodramyz7.png
Bad Ram - http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=badramtv2.png

I ordered the "Bad Ram" from ebay, now everytime I run my computer while the bad ram is in my computer will crash whenever it's under intense conditions (like running a virtual machine, etc).

I've toubleshooted every combination of these two rams I have ( i'm also sure the "slots" aren't the issue). I need to know if there's a certain type or range of chip I should be looking for or if the "Bad Ram" Is truly a faulty card...I mean the teeth DO fit. -_-

System Specs:

QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

sounds like bad ram. from the picture they're both sodimms that's really about all I can tell.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MB and MBP memory the same? | Problem with MacBook Battery not charging »