New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Air - Replacement Screen Bexel

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sdelano

sdelano is on a distinguished road

Hi all, this is my first post here and hopefully I will get a very satisfying response.

I recently lent a friend my MBA for the summer and it was returned with a cracked screen. To make the repairs as cheap as possible I have decided to replace the screen myself using the 'directions' on iFixit.com.

Everything went great while disassembling the laptop except for one issue: the front bezel of the screen is attached with double sided tape, and is very fragile aluminum (about the thickness of a few soda cans). With that said, I bent the bezel whilst attempting to remove it.

Is there any place that sells new or used Apple parts where I could find one of these bezels. I have found bezels for both Macbooks and Macbook Pros, but none for the Air.

I have considered taking the bezel to a jeweler or metalsmith to see what they can do with it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen
QUOTE Thanks
ADKhikerVW

ADKhikerVW is a jewel in the roughADKhikerVW is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4

I would say check eBay, but I just did a quick search and found nothing. Of course something could pop up any minute. It seems that through Apple the only way to get the bezel is with a whole new screen.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New RAM on MacBook Pro | MB and MBP memory the same? »