Thread: 2.4 vs 2.5

2.4 vs 2.5
    I'm debating if for the extra 300bux I should get the 2.5 over the 2.4 15inch MBP. Where would I notice any difference?

Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
    There are a few differences between the two models (larger cache, twice the VRAM, .1Ghz faster) but the only place you might notice a difference is in newer more demanding games (due to the higher amount of VRAM). If you're just playing Half-Life 2 or something older like that, you won't notice any difference at all, but if you play a more demanding game like Oblivion or Crysis (via bootcamp) you'll notice slightly better performance.

In a nutshell, it's not really worth the $300 unless you want to push every last ounce of power out of your games. You'll be happy either way though!

Trent out
    CodeSamurai | Facebook
    Twitter >> Flickr
    15.4" 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 Macbook Pro w/ High-res antiglare screen and Nvidia 650m GT w/ 1GB VRAM

Palo Alto, CA (near San Jose)
    2.5GHz C2D MBP & 16GB White 3G iPhone
    CodeSamurai hit the nail on the head. Not much more I can add on the differences between the 2.4 and 2.5.

Its really up to YOU. Is $300 a big deal? For me, it probably won't make a big difference since I really only play Sims in boot camp. I paid for the difference just IN CASE I ever need the extra power and since I'm the type of person that would look back and say "I should have spent the extra $$$". But thats just me...I'm just a little weird.

Thread Information