New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - 2.4 vs 2.5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Blackie

Blackie is on a distinguished road

I'm debating if for the extra 300bux I should get the 2.5 over the 2.4 15inch MBP. Where would I notice any difference?
QUOTE Thanks
CodeSamurai

CodeSamurai has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD

There are a few differences between the two models (larger cache, twice the VRAM, .1Ghz faster) but the only place you might notice a difference is in newer more demanding games (due to the higher amount of VRAM). If you're just playing Half-Life 2 or something older like that, you won't notice any difference at all, but if you play a more demanding game like Oblivion or Crysis (via bootcamp) you'll notice slightly better performance.

In a nutshell, it's not really worth the $300 unless you want to push every last ounce of power out of your games. You'll be happy either way though!

Trent out

CodeSamurai | Facebook
Twitter >> Flickr
15.4" 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 Macbook Pro w/ High-res antiglare screen and Nvidia 650m GT w/ 1GB VRAM
QUOTE Thanks
InvalidUserID

InvalidUserID is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5GHz C2D MBP & 16GB White 3G iPhone

CodeSamurai hit the nail on the head. Not much more I can add on the differences between the 2.4 and 2.5.

Its really up to YOU. Is $300 a big deal? For me, it probably won't make a big difference since I really only play Sims in boot camp. I paid for the difference just IN CASE I ever need the extra power and since I'm the type of person that would look back and say "I should have spent the extra $$$". But thats just me...I'm just a little weird.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro 17" 2.4GHz 4GB 160GB vs MacBook Pro 15" 2.4Ghz 2GB 200GB? | MacBook links letter AND numbers .. help! »