New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - freezing?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stelarjess

stelarjess is on a distinguished road

i have a macbook, only a few months old, and i've noticed today that every few minutes, my mouse will freeze. it will eventually unfreeze after about a full minute. also, when i'm typing, my comp will suddenly run in slow motion, or exaggerate the letters i type so that they come out looking like this (even if i only press the key once): "ooooonnnncceeeee" the letters keep going even if i've taken my hands off the keys. it's odd. and annoying.. it's taken meeeeeeeeee aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbboooooooooooo ooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu

ok i was trying to type that it's taken me about 20 min to write this short paragraph because of it doing THAT which you see above. grr.. anyone else experience this???
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

stelarjess,

Haven't seen this mentioned before, but you may need some maintenance on your Macbook. Try Mainmenu - download it here: http://www.santasw.com/ Then install it... the icon will be in you upper right menu bar. Go to the bottom of the menu "Mainmenu" and select Preferences, check all the options (except maybe "Force Empty Trash)." Now you can Execute Batch Tasks and it will clean up your machine.

Hope this helps, Noel
QUOTE Thanks
stelarjess

i'll try that, thanks
QUOTE Thanks
stelarjess

it's still freezing i have hardly anything on it so it's not like the harddrive has limited space. i'm so frustrated.
QUOTE Thanks
falcontook

falcontook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram

my girlfriend's macbook freezes also. It only freezes when the laptop heats up, and I think its because there isnt sufficent airflow. Maybe its the Intel processor compensating because of the heat. I remember reading somewhere that Intel processors will compensate if the temperature is too high but not sure =/
QUOTE Thanks
stelarjess

hm.. that could be. i do keep a close eye on how warm it gets though. right now it's cool, and working fine so maybe that is the problem.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Display Lid Replacement | Initial boot up requires 1Gb? »