New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Screen corrupts during loading, freezes at blue login screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tommass

Tommass is on a distinguished road

Hi my friend has a macbook pro, i dont know much about it make or hardware as he doesnt keep track like a dummy.

But during the loading screen (the grey screen with the apple logo and the like cirle of bars that goes around) its corrupted theirs like checkered green bars all over it, and then it gets to the blue screen where you can choose your account but the screen just goes blue and freezes.

Im wondering if theirs something wrong with it he can fix, or if its his video card.
QUOTE Thanks
billabongdong1

billabongdong1 is on a distinguished road

My Macbook Pro just started doing the same thing. What ended up being wrong with yours? Is it the video card? Corrupted memory? Corrupted boot image? Virus? I don't want to go messing around with stuff until I have a better idea of what the problem is.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Have had this issue and here is the steps i followed;
First Step;
Start MacBookPro by pressing power button then holding down the Shift key (L or R)

it will take a bit longer to boot up but will not load any extra apps.

If that makes no difference to problem;

Start MacBookPro by pressing power button;
and hold down Command Option P and R buttons at same time and hold until you have heard the start chimes 3 times, then release all buttons and let it boot up.

Practice holding the 4 buttons first before pressing power button as it can be a bit of of a juggle.

If that does not sort issue;

Reset the SMC
Shutdown MacBookPro, remove power adaptor, remove battery and then hold the power on button down for 5 secs.
Refit battery connect power adaptor and boot up.
If all is go, do a Battery Calibration in very near future.

If that does not sort issue;

then find DVD that came with MacBookPro and press the power button and immediately insert the DVD and once it goes in Hold the D key down.
When it boots up hit return and then select which Hardware test you want to run, probably a good idea to do the extended test even though it may take an hour to an hour and a half to run through.

If that does not identify any issues then shutdown and restart holding down the C and it should boot up off of the DVD

If you are no further ahead then it is time to take it to an apple repairer.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Note that this is not for the new unibody unit as you cannot take the battery out of that so more research needed if u have a Unibody MacBookPro.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Buying a Macbook Pro from MacMall.com Questions | CD/DVD Drive. Who Needs it? »