09-06-2008, 03:42 PM #1
spilt gin and tonic, battery wont charge!!!
- Member Since
- Sep 06, 2008
HI, i really need some help. a couple of months ago i stupidly fell asleep watching a film on my macbook whilst drinking a gin and tonic after a night out! when i woke up i realised that i had spilt it on the computer, and it would only turn on for a few seconds.
after a few days of drying out, the computer worked fine, but only with the adaptor plugged in. there is a black X over the battery status indicator. there is also a few keys which dont work. i have ordered a new tracking pad and keyboard to replace that which hopefully will work. however i dont know what to do about the battery issue! i have tried a friends battery and it doesnt work. if the macbook is on, powered by the adaptor, and i remove and replace the battery, the battery status says it is calculating for about 5 or 10 minutes, and the magsafe adaptor turns orange. after that it returns to a black cross and a green light.
is this the logic board? if so how can i go about fixing/ cleaning it?
thanks so much for any help given!
09-07-2008, 05:57 AM #2
- Member Since
- Jun 16, 2008
- 2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz 4GB, 19in Viewsonic LCD, Mac Alum keyboard, Razer Diamondback 3G
Sounds like you messed up the part of the mobo that handles the power and charging. I think it's a bit beyond DIY stuff.
But at least you didn't spill some girly *** drink like a cosmo or appletini on it
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By mjg344 in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 3Last Post: 08-29-2009, 08:50 PM
By tonyyeb in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 8Last Post: 10-24-2008, 04:29 PM
By Smithalr in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 4Last Post: 07-12-2008, 09:23 PM
By jakep450 in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 5Last Post: 01-30-2008, 08:37 PM
By mikey12784 in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 6Last Post: 10-12-2005, 01:17 AM