New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

I just ordered my iBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Avalanche

I've finally made the plunge and placed my order for my first Mac.

I ordered a 14" iBook without any customizations. When I get a few more bucks I'll be adding another 512Mb of RAM, but I'll have to run it for at least a week with the base 256Mb.

I decided to get the 14" instead of the 12" because the 30Gb hard drive isn't big enough for me, and if I customized the 12" to give it a 60Gb drive returning it if there are immediate problems is impossible.

Also I realised that since I'll be using this machine as a work computer for graduate school I'd better be able to stare at the screen for hours and hours on end, and my friend's 12" screen seems a bit too small for that sort of work.

I'm very excited about this, my brother has been a long time Mac user, has a PowerMac G4 and a Ti PowerBook 15" (Onyx), both of which I love using.

I've been planning this purchace for about 8 months, and done a conciderable amount of research and decided that Apple was the only real choice for me, seening as I am not playing any games, and need long battery life. Simply put, there are no PC notebooks on the market that do what the iBook can do in the areas that I need performance. I'm just not too happy about having to wait til I can put the extra ram in it.

Anyway, I thought I would share my story with you all. Yet another switcher, wish me luck.

* Edit - Sorry about this, I just realised this post should be in the Switcher's section. Mods, can you move this thread? My appologies.
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan

Welcome aboard. I'm sure you will have lots of fun with your new iBook. It certainly is an excellent time to buy one.
QUOTE Thanks
Avalanche

They shipped it today, I got the confirmation this evening. I should have the computer friday or earlier. I can't wait!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« cooling | Good affordable printer for home... »