Trackbutton problem
    First of all, let me state what is happening;

The macbook is in a constant and perpetual state of clicking. This means it is ALWAYS highlighting, and arbitrarily dragging links, images, and icons. It also means that it is very unresponsive when attempting to click in any fashion.

Secondly, I am CERTAIN this is caused by detritus and debris underneath the button itself. I used to be able to hear something crunching around underneath, but now that is gone, so I am convinced whatever it was that was crunching has broken down into smaller parts and found itself in all the wrong places.

My question is; is there ANY WAY AT ALL to remove the trackbutton so I can clean underneath?

Specs:
    Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
    Quote Originally Posted by automatonhands View Post
    First of all, let me state what is happening;

The macbook is in a constant and perpetual state of clicking. This means it is ALWAYS highlighting, and arbitrarily dragging links, images, and icons. It also means that it is very unresponsive when attempting to click in any fashion.

Secondly, I am CERTAIN this is caused by detritus and debris underneath the button itself. I used to be able to hear something crunching around underneath, but now that is gone, so I am convinced whatever it was that was crunching has broken down into smaller parts and found itself in all the wrong places.

My question is; is there ANY WAY AT ALL to remove the trackbutton so I can clean underneath?
    If you have the patience, you may want to remove the upper part of the case. Check out this how to:

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/MacB...per-Case/86/6/

Should be able to clean/remove anything that's under the trackpad. Good luck.
    Use not abuse the rep system!

Thread Information