New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook - Power input

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LJ_Chaz

LJ_Chaz is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

I had a question regarding the input to my charger (the part that goes orange when charging). Whenever I plug it in, it doesn't do anything, other than when I push it down is when it goes orange. If I hold it there and boot the computer, it's fine and the computer starts up and works. But whenever I let go of it, the computer turns off.
I have opened it up and everything, but can't see anything blatantly obvious.
I have an ibook clamshell. Any ideas??
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

Heh a clamshell....That was how I got into Macs.. Yeah I'll field this question since I've worked on more clamshells than Barry Bonds has hit home runs. Your AC Power Plug-In Port (The part that glows orange.) has come loose. There's a screw holding it in, if it feels loose to you, it needs to be tightened. If it's tight, buy another one off of eBay as it's toast.

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks
LJ_Chaz

LJ_Chaz is on a distinguished road

Yup, i double checked it and it is very tight. Does this mean it is definitely in need of a new AC power plug?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
johnwd5

johnwd5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ_Chaz View Post
Yup, i double checked it and it is very tight. Does this mean it is definitely in need of a new AC power plug?

Thanks!
Yes, he's right. The instructions on how to do it are on ifixit.com and the part can vary from $20 up.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Crucial 4GB of RAM $35 after rebate! EXP 9/4 | Before I buy the wrong RAM sticks... »