New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - few questions on mbp specs. . .

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

twitch77

twitch77 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MACBOOK *white* 2.4GHz; 2GB RAM; 160GB HDD

hey guys, i just got a couple questions on some specs for the macbook pro.
i'm looking at the 15.4" glossy screen one, with the 2.4 core 2 duo processor.

1.) how good is the isight camera? does it a megapixel count, (like a 1mp camera). . .lol i don't know how videos camera work.

2.) is the screen hd? and if so can it suport 1080p?

thnx.
QUOTE Thanks
MeanChad

MeanChad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch77 View Post

1.) how good is the isight camera? does it a megapixel count, (like a 1mp camera). . .lol i don't know how videos camera work.

thnx.
If you want a hi definition screen you have to get a 17" and click hidef screen on the specs on the apple store its $100 more for the hidef screen but way worth it!!!
QUOTE Thanks
twitch77

twitch77 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MACBOOK *white* 2.4GHz; 2GB RAM; 160GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanChad View Post
If you want a hi definition screen you have to get a 17" and click hidef screen on the specs on the apple store its $100 more for the hidef screen but way worth it!!!
thanks for the info. . .

hehe i'm trying to get the cheapest mbp i can get . . .i'm going with the 15.4 model refurbed for $1699. that's a pretty dang good price for the computer and something i can afford.

the cheapest (refurbed) mbp 17" with the screen upgrade is $2499, about $500 more then i'm willing to spend.

ah well. . .no hd for me. it's all good though, i hear the 15.4 glossy screen is a beatiful and bright screen.
thnx.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch77 View Post

It's pretty decent for a webcam. You won't be snapping any keepsake pictures with it, however. It's really only intended as a webcam - I'm not sure how many MP it's rated at, but I wouldn't guess it's any better than 2MP (also note that a megapixel rating is not a measure of quality as much as it is the amount of pixels in a single image).

Quote:

thnx.
Not on the 15.4" models. The 17" models have an HD option, although I'm told one doesn't really reap the benefits of 1080P until your screen is 42"+

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Superdrive refusing to read burnt discs. | Antenna connector to Airport Extreme Card broke! »