New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Max HD capacity?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

borjasanz

borjasanz is on a distinguished road

What is the max HD capacity of the weak white macbook? Is it 320 gb or 250? Im not sure... Thanks

Apple is just better...
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

why are you asking are you trying to find one to put in your MB. i would say get 320GB you can get one with 7200rpm

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

There is a 500GB model out there made by Samsung, but it's a little hard to find. 320GB drives are readily available.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

the 500 is so slow no worth it in my opinion

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

It's 5400RPM, it's the same speed as the hard drives currently in Macbooks. Also, with increased platter density, you gain a modicum of speed over smaller drives with the same rotational speed. Sure, 7200RPM is significantly faster, but you don't have 500GB as an option at that speed, not to mention the fact that you have to deal with increased heat and a decrease in battery power as a result of the extra speed.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
borjasanz

borjasanz is on a distinguished road

Yeah I need a change, but finally what's the top capacity?

Apple is just better...
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
It's 5400RPM, it's the same speed as the hard drives currently in Macbooks. Also, with increased platter density, you gain a modicum of speed over smaller drives with the same rotational speed. Sure, 7200RPM is significantly faster, but you don't have 500GB as an option at that speed, not to mention the fact that you have to deal with increased heat and a decrease in battery power as a result of the extra speed.
Just because it says that it is a 5400 RPM doesn't mean that it's slower than a 7200 RPM. Same thing can be said the other way around.

The Samsung 500 GB one has a really crappy seek time, and everything else is pretty average. It uses more power than some 7200 RPM HDD as well. It's worst than some of the older generation 5400 RPM HDDs.

If you want more space go for it. I on the other hand don't approve of new technology that is worst than older generation HDDs. >_<"

If anything just go get a WD Black Scorpio 320 GB 7200 RPM or Seagate's 320 GB 7200 RPM. They are both pretty much the same thing depends on which brand you like more. ^-^"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« headphone jack problems | unlucky but lucky »