New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Color of your apple???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HuMpS 97 DoHc

when you have your ibook open what color does your apple glow??? mines white. I'm guessing they all are. But I was watching a tv show and they were using an ibook and it was blue.

can you change this somehow??? or do different models have different colors?? anyone know??

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

I believe they're all white as well.

It was either a side effect of lighting (white light sometimes looks blue in certain conditions) or it was a mod.

The mod I've seen uses a piece of coloured transparent paper which is placed inbetween the apple logo and light source inside the lid to produce the desired colour.
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Could it have been a powerbook? They have blue glowing logos...
QUOTE Thanks
CJ064

CJ064 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro

I saw some website and they sell new iBooks and PowerBooks painted in a bunch of different colors. They look sweet but they were quite a bit more than a new one from apple.
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

I have a PowerBook, its white.
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ064
I saw some website and they sell new iBooks and PowerBooks painted in a bunch of different colors. They look sweet but they were quite a bit more than a new one from apple.
yuck.... i saw that site it makes me sick.... i think the whit gloss tops the ibook off
QUOTE Thanks
zeppster

I was looking on ebay a while back and I found a group of ibooks that were "special edition". The light lit up pink.
QUOTE Thanks
jaster

jaster will become famous soon enough

I know someone who opened his ibook back cover and changed his apple logo color. It is ridiculously easy, but it voids your warranty. You simply remove the back cover, take off the white film on the inside of your apple logo, and place a small transparent film of whatever color you want in its place. It is extremely easy, but like I said, it voids your warranty.
QUOTE Thanks
code777

i was at a Barnes & Noble and some girl had a 12" iBook with a glowing Blue apple, i thought it was real cool but not for me...
QUOTE Thanks
CJ064

CJ064 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro

it was colorwarepc.com i almost bought one in the farari red but they were way expensive. the powerbook i got is 800 more than what i paid from apple and thats not even with the upgrades that i did (i used my student discout too). i don't think the looks are worth 800 more. they do ps2's and ipods and regular pc's. stuff looks nice but too much money for me.
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan

Mine's like red/blue/white all mixed together. Mine's an UK one btw.
QUOTE Thanks
soulreaver99

soulreaver99 will become famous soon enough

Macbook Pro 15" 2011 | Intel Core i7 2.2ghz Quad Core | 8GB RAM | 500GB HDD | Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)
iPhone 4 32GB | iPad 2 16GB | MacBook Air 11" Ultimate
visit the geeks office
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

Agreed - Soulreaver!
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

Here are two pics of what the original poster was talking about. Note, we aren't talking about painting the case which some people jumped on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (11.5 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (12.6 KB, 105 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

sweet
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« minor question about adapter | ram upgrade on an mbp »