New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

G4 iBook cd/dvd problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bdeivert

bdeivert is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 1.8 mhz single proc.

Hi

I have had problems with my cd/DVD burner reading disks sometimes, and today I cannot get a DVD-R mounted or eject it. I have tried to start over again holding down the mouse button but the disk will not eject... Don't hear the drive either. Any ideas of what I can do? I repaired permissions already. Running OSX 10.3.7

thanks
BERT in Sweden
QUOTE Thanks
Comus

Hello there. I just recently started having this problem yet again with my iBook. One thing that seems to work with the gadget is to restart the computer and while it starts up again hold down the following buttons: Apple key, control, F and O. When a screen of text appears on your computer type in the words "eject cd" and press return. Do this enough, and the cd will poke out. Grab it, yank and remember to bring it to somebody to repair. Recently I read a few posts on other message boards regarding this very issue. Apparently most left handers who pick up the computer hold it by the cd drive, thereby bending it. In so doing, they condemn themselves to these same difficulties you and I are experiencing. Tomorrow the genius bar dopes will be hearing from me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« little ibook worries | Wireless or not? »