eekimus
    Al PBook, fixing a BAD scratch
    hi

a person, not me, was wearing a watch and the bottom of it has decided to put a nasty 1inch long scratch under, near the touchpad button. Its deep and u can feel the bump movign your finger over it. are there any solutions to fixing this? sanding? touch-up paint?

vvvverrry disturbed by this.

EDIT: would anybody know how much it would be to get it fixed? (i assume replace the whole top piece, inc speaker grilles

Mr. MAC
    Thumbs up
    If I understand you right its below your touch pad button (not on yur touch pad). (I'm not sure where to get it possibly on "E-Bay") but I have heard of a cream thingy that is used on car scratches and other things that you could get for only a few bucks, and seeing how your thinking about getting a whole new top piece (which you could get on E-Bay) it can't hurt any worse.
    Best of luck to you

Lasha
    Yea, I think there are some supliments that are used to fill out scratches of that sort. Do some research and ask around in computer/tech stores.

eekimus
    would sanding down the whole thing with a fine grit sandpaper help? and then cut/polish and wax it help? It probably wouldn't return to its original texture would it?

also, would anybody know how much it would cost for the whole top piece to be replaced (assuming the whole thing needs to be replaced to remove that scratch)

no, its not on the touchpad, its directly below and to the right a little bit of the button.

EDIT: I THINK I FOUND WHAT I NEED HERE

will_power
    wow... a little bit expensive... I have a scratch on my powermac G5 on the front upper handle which it just got recently...it's pretty darn deep and I tried cleaning it with a toothbrush to see if it would just blend in but it didn't. I don't really care because it won't affect the performance. I just like to think of it as a battle scar... :robot:

Al PBook, fixing a BAD scratch
    Quote Originally Posted by eekimus
    would sanding down the whole thing with a fine grit sandpaper help? and then cut/polish and wax it help? It probably wouldn't return to its original texture would it?

also, would anybody know how much it would cost for the whole top piece to be replaced (assuming the whole thing needs to be replaced to remove that scratch)

no, its not on the touchpad, its directly below and to the right a little bit of the button.

EDIT: I THINK I FOUND WHAT I NEED HERE
    Is it really that bad? Can't you just leave it. You might ruin the PB if you try that. If i were you i'd just leave it.

Thread Information