New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Macbook 3GB Compatiblity?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Makaveli7

Makaveli7 is on a distinguished road

The model for my Macbook is the 2007 version, with 1GB as default memory. From what I heard, Macbooks' can run well on 2GB, instead of 3GB. So, my question is: will 3GB work on my Macbook, and if so will I benefit it?

Check out this link, this is the OCZ memory I want for my Macbook http://www.infonec.com/site/main.php...tail&id=410593
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Depending on when in 2007 you bought your Macbook, you may be able to upgrade all the way to 4GB. What is the speed of your processor? That could help determine whether or not your machine is capable of taking that much memory.

However, I can tell you for a fact that your Macbook definitely supports 3GB of RAM, and coming from 1GB, yes, you will most definitely benefit from the boost (this is even more true if you're running Leopard).

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Just go to crucial and have it scan your system. It should tell you what your max RAM is and then you can decide from there. It also recommends RAM for you as well.
QUOTE Thanks
Makaveli7

Makaveli7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Depending on when in 2007 you bought your Macbook, you may be able to upgrade all the way to 4GB. What is the speed of your processor? That could help determine whether or not your machine is capable of taking that much memory.

However, I can tell you for a fact that your Macbook definitely supports 3GB of RAM, and coming from 1GB, yes, you will most definitely benefit from the boost (this is even more true if you're running Leopard).
Yes my Macbook is running Leopard. My Macbook has 2.0Ghz, 1GB of memory, 80 Gbs of Hard Drive space and 667mhz front-side bus. From what I know, Macbooks of this year run on 800 mhz front-side bus? My girlfriend has the 08 model, mine was purchased last year on October. If anything, I'll pick up the OCZ ram I displayed in my first post. I hear OCZ is not having much problems with Mac machines, so I hear anyways lol.
QUOTE Thanks
empty_noise

empty_noise is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature

From your specs you have a low-end mid 2007 model which can run up to 3GB of RAM.. You can put in two 2GB RAM modules but only up to 3.25GB will be usable so you'll wasting one the 2GB memory modules.

MB | Mid-2007 | 13-inch | 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo | 2GB DDR2 | 120GB HDD | GMA 950 | White
MBP | Late-2008 | 15-inch | 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB DDR3 | 250GB HDD | 9400M + 9600M GT w/ 256MB GDDR3 | Unibody
QUOTE Thanks
davidg14

davidg14 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini, 20" Cinema, wireless keyboard and mouse.

Just go for 2x 2 GB like empty_noise said.
Ram is very inexpensive at the moment!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« More RAM!!! | Deal or No Deal »