New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Is the macbook meant to make weird noises when trying to burn a cd?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

joanne.kristy

joanne.kristy is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Lately I've been experiencing problems with my macbook when I try to burn cd's. It used to work fine, but now when I try it makes a really loud noise and sounds like it's grinding and it does this for a really long time and then i have problems ejecting the disc. The disc drive works fine when i play cds/dvds or when i import a cd to my itunes but when i try to burn it goes crazy and i dont think this should be happening.

Can somebody please help me or tell me what might fix it, really hoping its not faulty
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

What brand of blank CD's or DVD's are you using? I have had sounds like that with my iMac with certain brands of media.
QUOTE Thanks
orchidgirl79

orchidgirl79 is on a distinguished road

I have the same thing going on with my macbook. Sometimes the cd has static noise when I play it on the cd player. I tried to change the burning speed to a lower speed and it's better.
QUOTE Thanks
joanne.kristy

i've just been using regular sony audio cd's, should i try a higher quality brand? i've only my macbook for about 6months
QUOTE Thanks
joanne.kristy

i lowered the burning speed and now its fixed, thank you for ur help
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Internal USB port (for use with bluetooth) | Macbook not booting from Corsair Ram. »