Exclamation G4 Powerbook Start-Up Issues
    Hey everyone, I'm traditionally a WinXP user but have as of lately been using a Powerbook G4 as my primary laptop. As with any new computer/os, there's a learning curve and you usually screw something up along the way, which is what I seem to very well have accomplished. Below are the specs of the Powerbook and the issue I'm having (as well as how it came about and what I've tried)

Specs:
    PowerBook G4 (15-inch 1.67Ghz, 1GB ram, 80GB harddrive, superdrive, BT, backlit keyboard, apx) running OSX 10.4
    Serial #: W85063PZRG4

Problem:
    When I boot, it passes the grey screen with the Apple logo, gets to the blue screen, stays there for a while, then the mouse shows up in the top left corner. I can move it for a while, but then it freezes and that's it. I can't get it to boot in safe mode or any other mode so far.

What happened:
    Much like this person (http://discussions.apple.com/message...ageID=6218281), my sister was watching a dvd in the powerbook and after the movie finished, having the best intentions as always, she shut it down. Unfortunately, she left the dvd in the drive and I didn't realize it before she had already shut it down. When I tried turning it on this morning, it wouldn't boot at all until I realized there was still a disk inside. When I got it out, it started doing what its still doing.

What I've tried:
    Tried booting into safe mode, booting holding option, resetting pram and SMU, and removing ram but none seem to have helped, it's still doing the same thing.

Big problem I have is my lack of discs; I got the computer from a friend at work and so I haven't any discs (but might be able to get some if pointed in the right direction and told which discs I need to get).

If anybody has any ideas or things which they think I should try, I'm willing to try nearly anything. Also, if anybody has time, I would very very much appreciate if someone could explain to me in detail how to do the resetting stuff and such because it's very possible that I did some of the stuff incorrectly.

Thanks a lot for reading this and I really hope someone can help me get it up and running again.

JP

Additionally, I've booted the machine into Single-User mode and run fsck which told me that the harddrive appears to be ok

Nevermind all, decided to just wipe the harddrive and install Leopard,thanks though

Specs:
    933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
    Hahaha I saw your post last night and I was going to offer that bit of advice :x.
    Yes my name is Jaguar.
    No, it is not a joke.
    I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.

Thread Information