New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Macbook not booting from Corsair Ram.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Makaveli7

Makaveli7 is on a distinguished road

Well my topic speaks for itself really. Today I received my Corsair Value Select 2GB kit PC2-5300, and my Macbook seems to not boot up. All I get is a black screen and some noise from the notebook. Maybe it's a defective memory module, who knows, but this Monday I'm exchanging it to see if it helps. Some people are stating it might be faulty ram sticks, so maybe they are right. After knowing that my new ram sticks do not work, I then inserted back the factory ram. Now it works as it did in the first place, but still stuck with 1 GB . Anyways, just hope someone on here can give me some advice or help with the situation I am currently in.

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Most likely faulty and I would steer away from anything that has "Value select" in the name, just for next time. ^-^"
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

skaheadpunk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

Yup, sounds faulty to me. You could try one stick at a time to see which one's not working, unless it's both.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is the macbook meant to make weird noises when trying to burn a cd? | MacBook RAM »