New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Infrared not working with my Apple IR Remote

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Namingweary

Namingweary is on a distinguished road

I have a Macbook Pro 2.4GHZ late model and for some reason the infrared is not working.

A roommate of mine has a Black MacBook (recent) and it connects with his and not mine.

I unpaired it and everything from his and his responds within seconds, mine however, nothing.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out as I am really eager to get this working in my dorm.

Thanks!

I have searched Google for solutions and tried using every MENU + (insert button) combination and nothing.
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

Start by going to the Apple Menu>System Prefs>Security and make sure there is not a check mark next to Disable Remote Control Infrared Receiver. Other than than that I am of no help...
QUOTE Thanks
Namingweary

Namingweary is on a distinguished road

Yeah that's not showing up at all and I am speculating it doesn't show up until you try to pair an IR Remote to your laptop.

Aggh this is frustrating because I know this laptop has the IR receiver for the Apple remote...
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

I have not paired my remotes and it is showing up...

What version of OS are you using?
QUOTE Thanks
tigerandyx9

tigerandyx9 is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem... and sometime last year it was working and thus Front Row was working. Again in the Security of System Preferences i do not have the Infrared on/off and I do not find it anywhere.
My system is 10.4.11 and could it be related to it? Have tried everything and today I changed the battery again! Plus I have El Gato EyeTV with its control which also cesase working!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« power issue | Infrared Receiver (IR) problem! »