Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Notebooks (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/)
-   -   What Macbook Pro Battery? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/119727-what-macbook-pro-battery.html)

randomfactor 08-13-2008 07:57 AM

What Macbook Pro Battery?

I have sent my Macbook Pro for repair and the technician says it will need a new battery even the though the laptop is less than 18 months old but doing some reading this seems a habitual thing for MBP batteries. I looked at the Apple UK store and the a battery for my 15" Macbook Pro will cost 99 which is really expensive. Does anyone know any alternative places to buy preferably in the UK and are non-Apple batteries okay?

CrimsonRequiem 08-13-2008 05:06 PM

Humm I checked around on the net for replacement batteries. These companies are in the US though. The batteries are around 99.95 USD so I guess that's not exactly any cheaper either considering they charge 22 bucks to ship internationally.

P.s Love your Totoro avatar. ^-^

Dysfunction 08-13-2008 05:17 PM

$99 USD is significantly cheaper than £99, even with the shipping charges.

CrimsonRequiem 08-13-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysfunction (Post 709060)
$99 USD is significantly cheaper than 99, even with the shipping charges.

Wow you are right, it's almost double USD. >_>""

Anyways this place is having a sale.
This place is cheaper by 5 bucks but is generic.

randomfactor 08-13-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem (Post 709056)
Humm I checked around on the net for replacement batteries. These companies are in the US though. The batteries are around 99.95 USD so I guess that's not exactly any cheaper either considering they charge 22 bucks to ship internationally.

P.s Love your Totoro avatar. ^-^

I wanted the battery from the UK because of warranty issues. And I am very aware of the fakes from Hong Kong and China on eBay.

Thanks for the compliment- Totoro is very cool!

CrimsonRequiem 08-13-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomfactor (Post 709109)
I wanted the battery from the UK because of warranty issues. And I am very aware of the fakes from Hong Kong and China on eBay.

Thanks for the compliment- Totoro is very cool!

If you are really set on getting one from the UK then here.

I don't understand the warranty issues that you are talking about? I looked at the Warranty info on the websites that I posted and they seem pretty legit and straight forward.

randomfactor 08-13-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem (Post 709128)
If you are really set on getting one from the UK then here.

I don't understand the warranty issues that you are talking about? I looked at the Warranty info on the websites that I posted and they seem pretty legit and straight forward.

Its just if something goes wrong I don't want the hassle of senting back overseas.