Hard drive issues

Question Hard drive issues
    I erased my hard drive because i dropped my computer and it wouldn't load any programs or files. now that I did that every time I turn it on and try to get it to load the OS discs it just flashes a picture of a folder with a question mark in it. I can hear the disc spinning and the eye trying to read it, and the hard drive spins and sounds normal. I bought an docking station for my Hard drive to see what was on it or to see if it would load. My other computer recognizes it and I am able to transfer data to it and from it so i think that the hard drive is ok. I am stumped and i really don't know the ins and outs of a mac. do i need to load OSX from a functioning mac so that my hard drive can operate in my macbook?
    or am i screwed? my macbook pro is only a year old and i would like to fix it, but i want to be sure that its junk before I go out and buy a new one.

Hard drive issues
    Specs:
    Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
    talon tsi,

Probably not the hard drive then, so the drop damaged something else, could be the optical drive or a damaged logic board....

Have you tried starting it in Safe mode?

I assume you don't have Apple Care? You could take the machine by an Apple Store and ask them for an estimate to repair - you would find out what's wrong with it and could take it or leave it, maybe try to fix yourself or buy a new one.

Noel

Thread Information