New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Internet won't work on Windows.. help?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DutchMaster

DutchMaster is on a distinguished road

I've installed Windows on my MBP using Boot Camp and for some reason the internet won't work. Everything else runs fine (except the Bluetooth won't connect to my wireless mouse, but that's another story).

I go to wireless internet settings then enter in my network name and it says I have 2 options, either set it up using a flash drive (what? since when do I need a flash drive to set up my internet connection!?) or do it manually which involves a plethora of very confusing steps. Why can't I just enter my network and have done with it like I can on the Mac side of my computer? It used to be so easy.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, this is a very frustrating problem to have.
QUOTE Thanks
joe.morgan

joe.morgan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD

I am not sure how the built in aiport and bluetooth work when running windows. If memory serves me right (i had the same problem a couple years back) you need to download the drivers

sorry i cant be of any further help
QUOTE Thanks
hitmancs3255

hitmancs3255 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHZ 2gig RAM - 80GIG HDD - Bluetooh - Airport -MAC OSX 10.5

I had the same problem... its boot camp!

http://www.parallels.com/

Works perfect with wireless... you do have to pay for it, but there is a Free 30 day trial

Can you love Windows and Mac
QUOTE Thanks
NPuter

NPuter is a jewel in the roughNPuter is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP

It is not bootcamp... Wireless works perfectly in bootcamp.

Here is how you should do it: *these directions may be a little off, I'm not using windows right now.

1) open your start menu
2) hover over connect to...
3) select show all connections
4) right click wireless network connection and select view available wireless networks
5) a window should appear that states that it is searching for networks
6) you network should appear, click on it and click connect
7) if you network has a password, it will ask you to enter it...

That should work. If it does not, then you have a different problem.

And, do you have the bootcamp drivers installed? If you don't then that is definitely your problem...

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help Please!!! New with Macbook Pro... | Problems with wireless mighty mouse »