Specs:
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
    PowerBook G3 Problems
    Hello everyone. I recently got a PowerBook G4 867Mhz from a friend to tune up and get running again. The machine sat for almost 2 years since last use. I did a clean erase and install of 10.4 on the machine. The computer now takes almost 25 minutes to go from power up to being able to be used. I have done all the updates and still nothing. There is also nothing in the startup items. The machine was acting the same way before I did the erase and install so I figured a clean install would fix it up. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I dont know what to do. I have even taken out the aftermarket RAM and tried to restart and the same result.

Specs:
    MacBook 2.0GHZ 2gig RAM - 80GIG HDD - Bluetooh - Airport -MAC OSX 10.5
    Hmm try using a older OSX panther or somthing...10.4 does require allot more power to run...

Try using Onyx, its a program to change the order and if or not you want certain programs booting up at the start up

http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs/english.html

Hope i was of some help

Can you love Windows and Mac

Specs:
    933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrman22 View Post
    Hello everyone. I recently got a PowerBook G4 867Mhz from a friend to tune up and get running again. The machine sat for almost 2 years since last use. I did a clean erase and install of 10.4 on the machine. The computer now takes almost 25 minutes to go from power up to being able to be used. I have done all the updates and still nothing. There is also nothing in the startup items. The machine was acting the same way before I did the erase and install so I figured a clean install would fix it up. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I dont know what to do. I have even taken out the aftermarket RAM and tried to restart and the same result.
    It sounds like the hard drive has seen better days. Try getting a hard drive from ebay or something, that should definitely help.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
    Thats what I am leaning towards now. I ran Apple Hardware Test and everything shows up fine. I ran fsck on it and its all good. Its either the logic board or the hard drive.

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    Logic board is checked out under the hardware test. What does the SMART Status have to say in Disk Utility?

Thread Information