New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - How much is this Macbook worth?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mark72005

mark72005 is on a distinguished road

I am going to sell my Macbook... it was purchased in February of this year. It's in almost mint condition, but I don't know what it would be worth. Originally (before i upgraded the ram from 1GB to 4GB and before all the extras) it cost about $1600. I want to sell it as a package, but I dont know where I should set the reserve price or what I should advertise as the asking price... don't know how macs hold their value. There's nothing wrong with it, I just bought it to finish grad school and I'm finished now.

Any ballpark numbers?

Macbook Black
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM
250GB Serial ATA @ 5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x DL
has Leopard, does not have AppleCare

i would probably include:

Apple bluetooth keyboard
Apple bluetooth mouse
Extra battery (black)
VMWare Fusion
Civilization IV

I know this stuff would cost about $2k from the Apple Store but what about in resale?
QUOTE Thanks
NPuter

NPuter is a jewel in the roughNPuter is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP

I would guess (it's just a guess ) around $1,200 to $1,300...
How is it cosmetically...

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."
QUOTE Thanks
mark72005

cosmetically it's fine. it's never been dropped and there aren't any scratches or anything.

there's a tiny little rough edge on the lid, on the corner where your fingers would touch when you open it (above where the indentation is on the bottom part of the case) but I couldn't even capture it with a camera. in my opinion it's almost perfect
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

i want a black book so bad.. but i think i need a MBP i am going to school for graphic design and i need that graphics card wish i could get a MBP in Black...lol

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
techound1

Location: Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come visit me --->
techound1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by macwannabe View Post
i want a black book so bad.. but i think i need a MBP i am going to school for graphic design and i need that graphics card wish i could get a MBP in Black...lol
You're in graphic design - do a cool skin for the macbook pro!
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

lol i just start this degree on the 18th...lol
i was going for architecture for 1.5 yrs and i decided not to finish it... just not the market i wanna be in... i do drafting the architects and engineers.. and the market just sucks... so i changed to graphic design..

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
mark72005

thanks for all your help guys, i put it on ebay, wish me luck. haha.
QUOTE Thanks
LoboRsxS

LoboRsxS is on a distinguished road

put it on craigslist for local buyers
QUOTE Thanks
mark72005

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboRsxS View Post
put it on craigslist for local buyers
well it's already on ebay and has bids, so i'll sell it there...

I can't stand selling things on craigslist, it's overrun with shady people. i can't tell how many times i have sold something and said 'price firm' or they agreed to my price beforehand and they show up with less money, thinking i will take a lowball offer just because it's right there in front of me.

sold a bicycle on craigslist that the price was listed as "$1,000 firm", made sure they guy knew that on the phone, and he still showed up with $800 then got angry when I said no. What part of "firm" did you not understand?

Sorry. /rant
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

i hate stupid people..

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Keyboard Not Working After Upgrade | I'm looking for the last 15" G4 powerbook »