New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Cleaning LCD Screen, how?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

code777

Ok, I've read so much on this but everytime I attempt to clean my iBook's screen, i get streaks and well there are marks that refuse to come out. I'm afraid the more I try to clean the screen the more damage I am doing to it. So, what is the best way to clean the iBook's screen, what do you use? thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

I haven't tried it yet but my local Apple store sells disposable screen cleaning wipes. May just pop in to see wot they're made of and then pick up a cheaper alternative.
QUOTE Thanks
code777

i guess it bothers me there are streaks and stuff after i clean the screen, i mean its not like i can see them when the display is on... and the more i try to clean the LCD the more I feel like I'm ruining it. Someone told me to try and not to clean the screen often as it will ruin it within time, any truth to this?
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

I have a regular LCD monitor and I use a soaked-and-squeezed bounty to wet the screen, I get off the ugly spit marks or whatever is on it, lol. And then I use a try bounty right after that to get the wetness off. Remember, only use enough wetness to let the water stick to the screen, and not drip down.
QUOTE Thanks
oo5yolo10

oo5yolo10 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love

I just bought some yesterday for my ibook, they are called "monitor wipes" by Dust-off, they look like a baby wipe container, 70 for 7 bucks, and they work. They were at best buy
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

just wipe your screen carefully with a damp, soft cloth and you should be fine...
Works for me at least...
QUOTE Thanks
vuschejan

Make sure never to use Paper Towels, they'll scratch it.
QUOTE Thanks
code777

hey i bought some overpriced monster iClean and wow, the stuff WORKS! crystal clear! can i use this stuff on the outside of the iBook?
QUOTE Thanks
prophet

a slightly damp piece of newspaper works for me
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuschejan
Make sure never to use Paper Towels, they'll scratch it.
I use a damp and squeezed Bounty paper towel on my LCD, works like a dream.
QUOTE Thanks
vuschejan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasha
I use a damp and squeezed Bounty paper towel on my LCD, works like a dream.
I'm just quoting the Ibook handbook
Check the manual!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« just a question ... | I can't share files over msn messenger.... »