New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Hurry up JANUARY!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Hey guys.

You know how there is suppose to be a new PowerBook line comming out in january, well what do you think they will do. If its dual core then what speeds are you supspecting. Cause if they go any higher, they will be in the G5 speed range ..... (around 1.6GHz). You think they will price drop like the iBook? Whad'ya think?
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

First, the iBook's price didn't "drop." It just stayed the same price while the specs were boosted. I am expecting the same thing for the PowerBooks, and yes, I can barely wait!!! They will probably increase the speed, and I dunno, maybe even the hard drive. I had a concern though...OVERHEATING. Apple better get this taken care of by June-August 2005. That's when I am getting my PowerBook.
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

uhh..Lasha...I guess you missed the newsflash..but...they did drop the prices...The 12" iBook used to be 1099, now its 999, and I believe the rest of the line got some drops in price.
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

Oh, big deal. 99 bucks. In my opinion, it's not too much of a difference cause there is still Tax, extra stuff you want to add, etc. If it was $200+, then that'd be cool. And yea, I didn't realize that it was a 99 buck difference.
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

Yeah... That would be nice. I also hear, as you mentioned, is the right side of the touch pad over heating easy. They should put like a thick lining of something to keep the heat from getting to the aluminum. You think the processor will remain single?
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

200 mhz more, free Airport, all for 100 less then the previous generation? You are paying less and getting more, great deal!
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

All PowerBooks already come with Airport Exteme built in.
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

But they probably just add the airports price on to the price of the powerbook so you wouldn't know the difference. I hope the "price drop", if there is one, is more that $100. I find that they are sickly expensive.
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

This from Mac Rumors Page 2:

New Powerbooks
G5s are nowhere near ready as are dual G4s. There will however be slight upgrades and price drops.

12" - upgrade to 1.5 Ghz G4, BT/AE built in (like the new iBooks), 80 GB HD, Mobility Radeon 9700 (64 MB) Price $1399
15" - upgrade to 1.67 Ghz G4, BT/AE built in, 80 GB, Backlit keyboard standard, Mobility Radeon 9800 (128 MB VRAM) Price - $2299
17" - Same as 15" except 17" display - $2599
QUOTE Thanks
Sexyboy

Sexyboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq
This from Mac Rumors Page 2:

New Powerbooks
G5s are nowhere near ready as are dual G4s. There will however be slight upgrades and price drops.

12" - upgrade to 1.5 Ghz G4, BT/AE built in (like the new iBooks), 80 GB HD, Mobility Radeon 9700 (64 MB) Price $1399
15" - upgrade to 1.67 Ghz G4, BT/AE built in, 80 GB, Backlit keyboard standard, Mobility Radeon 9800 (128 MB VRAM) Price - $2299
17" - Same as 15" except 17" display - $2599
can i tell u why this dosnet seem logical. Cause if that is so then apple would have updated to that way before x-masslook think about it the powerbook g4 cycle is usually every 6 months or so but the powerbooks havent been updated since april thats about 9 months. When apple does this It must mean that they are doing some big changes till the powerbook g4 line. i still dont think its a g5 but maybe dualcore reaching beyond 2ghz then featuring the 9800 with 265vram that will be pretty sweet with 7200rpm drives up to 100gig. probably featruing a new battery for more battery life. I know apple will no just update to 1.67 cause the g4 is maxed out at 1.42ghz so thats basiculy gone. They have to use a differnt g4 chip and plus g4 1.6 is sill waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooo slow compared to other pentium m's so i thin k thats wrong well see on tuesday. but I know im right
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyboy
can i tell u why this dosnet seem logical. Cause if that is so then apple would have updated to that way before x-masslook think about it the powerbook g4 cycle is usually every 6 months or so but the powerbooks havent been updated since april thats about 9 months. When apple does this It must mean that they are doing some big changes till the powerbook g4 line. i still dont think its a g5 but maybe dualcore reaching beyond 2ghz then featuring the 9800 with 265vram that will be pretty sweet with 7200rpm drives up to 100gig. probably featruing a new battery for more battery life. I know apple will no just update to 1.67 cause the g4 is maxed out at 1.42ghz so thats basiculy gone. They have to use a differnt g4 chip and plus g4 1.6 is sill waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooo slow compared to other pentium m's so i thin k thats wrong well see on tuesday. but I know im right
one word....wow..

Ever heard of....English

Have you ever heard of this neat thing called a period..it looks like this " ."
It's nice because it makes writing...readable...now that's cool!
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

he used a couple of periods, here and there, randomly almost, lol.
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
Have you ever heard of this neat thing called a period..it looks like this " ."
Period??? don't you mean full stops.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danster
Period??? don't you mean full stops.
They are called periods in the US

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

What? Full stop???

Anyways. 2 more days till tuesday. Can't wait to see what they release. Is it comfirmed that it is the final release date?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« lid wont stay shut. | USB hubs? »