Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hurry up JANUARY!
    Hey guys.

You know how there is suppose to be a new PowerBook line comming out in january, well what do you think they will do. If its dual core then what speeds are you supspecting. Cause if they go any higher, they will be in the G5 speed range ..... (around 1.6GHz). You think they will price drop like the iBook? Whad'ya think?

Lasha
    First, the iBook's price didn't "drop." It just stayed the same price while the specs were boosted. I am expecting the same thing for the PowerBooks, and yes, I can barely wait!!! They will probably increase the speed, and I dunno, maybe even the hard drive. I had a concern though...OVERHEATING. Apple better get this taken care of by June-August 2005. That's when I am getting my PowerBook.

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
    uhh..Lasha...I guess you missed the newsflash..but...they did drop the prices...The 12" iBook used to be 1099, now its 999, and I believe the rest of the line got some drops in price.

Lasha
    Oh, big deal. 99 bucks. In my opinion, it's not too much of a difference cause there is still Tax, extra stuff you want to add, etc. If it was $200+, then that'd be cool. And yea, I didn't realize that it was a 99 buck difference.

Yeah... That would be nice. I also hear, as you mentioned, is the right side of the touch pad over heating easy. They should put like a thick lining of something to keep the heat from getting to the aluminum. You think the processor will remain single?

Specs:
    MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
    200 mhz more, free Airport, all for 100 less then the previous generation? You are paying less and getting more, great deal!

Lasha
    All PowerBooks already come with Airport Exteme built in.

But they probably just add the airports price on to the price of the powerbook so you wouldn't know the difference. I hope the "price drop", if there is one, is more that $100. I find that they are sickly expensive.

tariq
    This from Mac Rumors Page 2:

New Powerbooks
    G5s are nowhere near ready as are dual G4s. There will however be slight upgrades and price drops.

12" - upgrade to 1.5 Ghz G4, BT/AE built in (like the new iBooks), 80 GB HD, Mobility Radeon 9700 (64 MB) Price $1399
    15" - upgrade to 1.67 Ghz G4, BT/AE built in, 80 GB, Backlit keyboard standard, Mobility Radeon 9800 (128 MB VRAM) Price - $2299
    17" - Same as 15" except 17" display - $2599

Quote Originally Posted by tariq
    This from Mac Rumors Page 2:

New Powerbooks
    G5s are nowhere near ready as are dual G4s. There will however be slight upgrades and price drops.

12" - upgrade to 1.5 Ghz G4, BT/AE built in (like the new iBooks), 80 GB HD, Mobility Radeon 9700 (64 MB) Price $1399
    15" - upgrade to 1.67 Ghz G4, BT/AE built in, 80 GB, Backlit keyboard standard, Mobility Radeon 9800 (128 MB VRAM) Price - $2299
    17" - Same as 15" except 17" display - $2599
    can i tell u why this dosnet seem logical. Cause if that is so then apple would have updated to that way before x-masslook think about it the powerbook g4 cycle is usually every 6 months or so but the powerbooks havent been updated since april thats about 9 months. When apple does this It must mean that they are doing some big changes till the powerbook g4 line. i still dont think its a g5 but maybe dualcore reaching beyond 2ghz then featuring the 9800 with 265vram that will be pretty sweet with 7200rpm drives up to 100gig. probably featruing a new battery for more battery life. I know apple will no just update to 1.67 cause the g4 is maxed out at 1.42ghz so thats basiculy gone. They have to use a differnt g4 chip and plus g4 1.6 is sill waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooo slow compared to other pentium m's so i thin k thats wrong well see on tuesday. but I know im right

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexyboy
    can i tell u why this dosnet seem logical. Cause if that is so then apple would have updated to that way before x-masslook think about it the powerbook g4 cycle is usually every 6 months or so but the powerbooks havent been updated since april thats about 9 months. When apple does this It must mean that they are doing some big changes till the powerbook g4 line. i still dont think its a g5 but maybe dualcore reaching beyond 2ghz then featuring the 9800 with 265vram that will be pretty sweet with 7200rpm drives up to 100gig. probably featruing a new battery for more battery life. I know apple will no just update to 1.67 cause the g4 is maxed out at 1.42ghz so thats basiculy gone. They have to use a differnt g4 chip and plus g4 1.6 is sill waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooo slow compared to other pentium m's so i thin k thats wrong well see on tuesday. but I know im right
    one word....wow..

Ever heard of....English

Have you ever heard of this neat thing called a period..it looks like this " ."
    It's nice because it makes writing...readable...now that's cool!

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    he used a couple of periods, here and there, randomly almost, lol.

Danster
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
    Have you ever heard of this neat thing called a period..it looks like this " ."
    Period??? don't you mean full stops.

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Quote Originally Posted by Danster
    Period??? don't you mean full stops.
    They are called periods in the US
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

What? Full stop???

Anyways. 2 more days till tuesday. Can't wait to see what they release. Is it comfirmed that it is the final release date?

Thread Information