New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Macbook Pro - Extra Battery

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

yossarian

yossarian is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I just ordered a Macbook Pro (it should arrive mid-next week) and am looking at buying an additional battery for it (both for convenience and in light of the battery's notorious reputation for unreliability/early death).

I'm having a bit of trouble finding out the exact battery to go with. There seem to be a lot on ebay with the part number A1175, but I'm not sure it will work with my model. All Apple's site says is that it uses a 60wh battery. They don't give any specifics beyond that.

Does anyone have a chart they can point to that might clear this up, and/or know of a good online store to buy one from? (I'll have the current generation 15" 2.4Ghz Penryn, LED backlit, Multitouch, etc. -- MB133LA/A)

I'd like to go with the official Apple battery (I like the neat little green led lights ), but I don't want to pay an extra $30 buying direct from them, thus the need for a specific part number.

Any help you might offer would be much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
yossarian

Hmm... 32 views and no replies.

This can only mean one of two things:

1.) No one has an answer to my question.

or

2.) The answer is so obvious it doesn't even warrant a response.
QUOTE Thanks
Andre

Andre is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB

All 15" MBPs use a 60w wall adaptor.
I also have a 2.4Ghz Penryn (about 3 months old), and my battery model number is A1175. It has been pretty good to me so far, but after 3 months, it is down to 93% health, which to me is not noticeable
Your MBP may require a different battery, but as long as it is a "15" MBP" battery, you should be all right.
Note that the question warrants an answer in my book, but I've just joined the Mac world when I bought this MBP
QUOTE Thanks
yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I also have a 2.4Ghz Penryn (about 3 months old), and my battery model number is A1175. It has been pretty good to me so far, but after 3 months, it is down to 93% health, which to me is not noticeable
Your MBP may require a different battery, but as long as it is a "15" MBP" battery, you should be all right.
Note that the question warrants an answer in my book, but I've just joined the Mac world when I bought this MBP
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know (and I sort of figured as much).

Just didn't want to order a battery only to find it was the wrong one a few days later. I too am new to the Mac world. Looking forward to staying awhile, though

Thanks again!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Mine came with an 85w.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Advantages of MacBook over MacBook Pro | MacbookPro and Nvidia »