New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Are there any down sides to a PB?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

X Im just meE o

Hi,

I've heard that sicne the new PB is made of Aluminum that it can rust, and bend, etc. Is this all true? I've heard the PB is not that good right now..
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Im just meE o
Hi,

I've heard that sicne the new PB is made of Aluminum that it can rust, and bend, etc. Is this all true? I've heard the PB is not that good right now..
Aluminum doesn't rust, but a PowerBook can be dented if you drop it. (Or drop something on it, I suppose....) It doesn't scratch easily, but if it is scratched, the scratches are very visible. The solid-white iBook plastic is easier to scratch, but the scratches are hidden well.

(The old Titanium PowerBooks were painted, and the paint scratched fairly easily.)

If you plan on roughousing with your 'Book, I'd recommend an iBook, but the PB's aren't exactly fragile.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

You have already made threads on this topic why do you keep making threads on the same topic just changing the words?

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
X Im just meE o

If I did, I must have forgotten, why is this such a big problem to you TRP?
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

The only downside I can think of is...it costs more? Thats about it.. Otherwise there is no downside!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Questions about the iBook, is it realy so great?

You just posted this 10 days ago.

Its a problem because its wasting space and repeating questions you already asked

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
X Im just meE o

Yea, well Trp, I said I must have forgotten about it. Its not realy a big deal, not one at all. Plus, sorry if it is such a BIG convenience to you. -.-
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

Quote:
Yea, well Trp, I said I must have forgotten about it. Its not realy a big deal, not one at all. Plus, sorry if it is such a BIG convenience to you. -.-
I think you mean inconvenience
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Um well. It can dent if you smash it, drop it, bang it, put pressure on it. But thats like any other laptop. But it would probably crack and break the screen. So just becarful... Not much of a reply... but hey..
QUOTE Thanks
ViewSonic

anyone who has a memory that can't remember 10 days ago has some serious problems.

also, how can aluminum rust? i'd like to see a piece of rusted aluminum.
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

I agree, these duplicate posts are getting old.

And no, PowerBooks don't rust...and no, they aren't crap. I absolutely love mine.

Roger Michaels
Apple Certified Consultant
QUOTE Thanks
X Im just meE o

Quote:
ViewSonic:
anyone who has a memory that can't remember 10 days ago has some serious problems.
Yes, sorry about that, I did mean to type in "inconvenience". And also, View, my memory is not bad, I'm just overwhelmed with school etc, if I forgot, I forgot. Not really a bad thing, its normal.

PS- I only was asking if it could rust, because people were telling me it could, not exactly on these boards, in chat rooms, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
frosty

Quote:
Yes, sorry about that, I did mean to type in "inconvenience". And also, View, my memory is not bad, I'm just overwhelmed with school etc, if I forgot, I forgot. Not really a bad thing, its normal.

PS- I only was asking if it could rust, because people were telling me it could, not exactly on these boards, in chat rooms, etc.
Corrosion can be a problem with bare raw aluminum when exposed to the elements.
Don't leave a PB out in the rain. I seriously doubt it would be an issue for a laptop.
When you get a PB get one of these.They are great definitely worth the money.

After my initial glitch with apple with my 12"PB the new one I got has been great.

A couple of weeks ago I realized I needed a second laptop so I bought a 14"
I-book. While it lacks the deluxe feel of quality of the PB it is a very fine machine. You can't go wrong with either one.
QUOTE Thanks
Echo_

why would you leave ur pb in the rain or water for it to be able to rust ?
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo_
why would you leave ur pb in the rain or water for it to be able to rust ?
*sighs*

Roger Michaels
Apple Certified Consultant
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ram in nz? | Hmm help me decide... »