New MacBook, experiencing issues
    Hey guys I just got my Macbook 2 days ago and since I've got it I've had to hold down the power button to turn it off because it either freezing or not allowing me to restart or turn of manually.

The first time I had an issue was when I was charging the battery, I came back the next day after it was plugged in and it wouldn't wake up. I tapped the keys, hit the power button and all that stuff, every time I'd close the lid the sleep light would go back on but the screen would never come back.

The second time, I was just sitting on the couch using it off battery and it had a black transparent box that popped up and said that the machine must be turned off bc of some error.

Just now I just got done charging the battery from 50% back to 100% and I go to get on firefox and it crashes. I then try to reopen and the firefox window that says that it's going to reopen ALSO crashes. So I try to restart and it would just go to a blueish screen and then come back to my desktop, the same thing when I tried to turn it off. I ended up holding down the power key.

Are these normal occurances? Everyone says that macs have such little issues but I'm experiencing more than on my old Windows laptop.

Should I get this replaced or is this normal?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Definitely not normal. Take it back to where you purchased it from and ask for another machine. Not a good way to start out with a brand new MacBook.

Regards.

I called their tech support and they're having me re-install the OS...they say 90% of the time that's the issue, if not they'll gladly give me a new one from the apple store I purchased it from.

We'll see, I've got 15min left in my reformat.

I re-installed the os and everything went good accept when I had to restart, after I hit the restart button it had an error a few seconds after saying there was something wrong and it needed to be hard restarted. This is an error I've gotten before. I may need to get it replaced I hate reinstalling everything!

Specs:
    Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
    I'd get it replaced and start fresh.
    "There are those who talk, and without knowledge or forethought reveal a truth which they themselves do not understand."

-Khalil Jibran

I'm thinking about going and getting it exchanged besides the fact there's nothing happening yet. That error after installing the OS is just irritating me. I'll see how it works out, based on how many errors I've had, another one should occur within the next 24hrs if it's hardware vs software issues.

Thread Information