New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - MBP Shuts down at 50% battery power

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chibisakana

chibisakana is on a distinguished road

This has never happened to me before and it just started yesterday. My one year old MBP will shut down when not plugged in and battery power reaches 50%. When I try to reboot it, it will attempt to start up but ultimately shut down again until I connect it to the power source. I've taken great care of the machine, no drops, no spills, but my warranty just ended last month. Anyone had similar problems? Solutions?

Thanks,

Alex
QUOTE Thanks
the.gosine

the.gosine is on a distinguished road

check your system prefs. maybe you accidentally changed something.
i think i read about something like that here once. and the solution was changing smoething in system prefs.
good luck
QUOTE Thanks
israelvalenciac

israelvalenciac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse

Hey, i have exactly the same problem, is the battery, i think the day after my warranty expired the battery started to come with this problems, my MB would turn off when it was 70%, not it does when 50% and so on. Your MBP should be over year and a half old, right? i guess the only thing to do is changing the battery or getting Apple Care for your MBP because who know's what's going to happen after that and Apple Care covers for 3 years.

Good Luck!

+Macbook; 2.16 GHz, 2GB Ram, 320 HDD, SuperDrive.
+Mighty Mouse Bluetooth.
+iPod Video Black 30GB.
+iPod Nano White 2 GB
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iBook G3 800mhz equiv today | Upgrading my HDD. What 5400 or 7200 »