New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Login Window after lid close

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iscameron

iscameron is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz,13'' macbook white, 20" iMac, 16GB iPhone 3G white.

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone know how to setup my macbook so that when I close my lid and then re-open it, the login window will appear.

Is there a way to set that up or maybe a way to set it so that when i close it, it will log me out of my account?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

iscameron,

If you just close it, it will go to sleep and that basically closes it out to any activity, internet or otherwise - no one will be able to talk to your Macbook. When you open the Macbook's cover, it will be ready with your account open.

In other words, you don't need to log in and log out. Closing the Macbook cover renders it inactive. But ready to go when you are...

Noel
QUOTE Thanks
iscameron

Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz,13'' macbook white, 20" iMac, 16GB iPhone 3G white.

Thanks, but....

I would like it to return to the login window so that if someone else is to pick up my computer before myself I want them to have to use the guest account and not have access to my personal account.
QUOTE Thanks
iscameron

So, i figured it out if you set up your preferences to ask for a password after sleep, close lid setting there is an option to switch users... not exactly what i had in mind but it will work.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Yellow tone stains on my trackpad. | Possible to change graphics card? »