New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Macbook Pro Upgrade Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HeyItsDan

HeyItsDan is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys. I currently have a Macbook 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo with 120GB HD and 2GB Ram.

I'm purchasing a used Macbook Pro and was wondering if replacing the Macbook Pro HD with the one that use to be in my Macbook work? Would it transfer all my information without any problems? Are both the HD and Ram compatable with the Macbook Pro.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you guys.
QUOTE Thanks
davidsword

davidsword is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13"/2.0Ghz/4GB/80GB/White Macbook

the rams compatible
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

HeyItsDan,

Not sure, there may be some logic board/chip set differences that could cause a problem running a Macbook hard drive setup on a MBP...

The hard drives and RAM are physically compatible.

There could also be a problem replacing the drive in the MBP - that could possibly void it warranty (if there still is one). If it's still in warranty, take the Macbook hard drive and the MBP to an Apple Store and ask if they recommend the change and can they make it for you... If it's out of warranty, go ahead and try it, not much to lose if it doesn't work.

Noel
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A few questions. | Is 1440x900 the max resolution on a MBP »