New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Hard drive crashed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SimpleMan614

SimpleMan614 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro, 2.2 GHz, 160GB@7200rpm

So I was on vacation in Hawaii and I left the house with my macbook pro being perfectly fine. I came back five hours later and it was turned off, and wouldn't turn back on. I tried everything I could to fix it, but nothing worked. I took it to a local Mac store there, and they said to wait until I got home to send it in. So, I took it to the apple store here and today I just found out that my hard drive crashed

Anyone ever have this happen? I never backed up anything since I got this computer (still have a lot from my old laptop)

This is the worst possible news I could've gotten from this situation
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

Sorry to hear that SimpleMan614. Losing everything in a crash without backup is a one-time event, believe me! I had it happen a couple of years ago and now I back my comps up 3 ways to Sunday

I suggest you buy a good external drive, like a 320GB Western Digital passport. And use a good backup program like SuperDuper with it. Get it here: http://www.shirt-pocket.com/

Of course you can use Time Machine, too, so that way you would have multiple backups. Maybe buy 2 of those Passports, one for each backup scheme. Then you'd be well covered. That's what I do!

Noel
QUOTE Thanks
SimpleMan614

Thanks Noel! I almost bought an external drive a few months ago, but decided that I didn't need it....now I am without a doubt buying one as soon as I can.

Thanks for the advice!
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan614 View Post
So I was on vacation in Hawaii and I left the house with my macbook pro being perfectly fine. I came back five hours later and it was turned off
you went on vacation for 5 hours? to hawaii too... that is a fast plane.....lol sry about the drive tho... i know it must suck

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
SimpleMan614

hah...i meant my aunt's house..i have a bunch of family there that I stay with
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My Screen doesn't always fire up | MacBook goes to sleep mode for no reason!! »