New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Text is warping when scrolling

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

martymck825

martymck825 is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone,

First off, I am a new poster to the forums, but I frequently visit them as I find them a great source of information about Macs. I just bought my MBP about 3 months ago.

The problem I am having is that when I scrolling up or down on webpages in Safari, the text seems to "warp" or run together. Can anyone tell me what the cause of this might be? I have attached a screenshot below. Also, I have run Software Update and I have no new updates to be installed.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (458.9 KB, 29 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Bman

Bman will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb

do you have office installed on it?

Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD
iPod Touch 8gb
QUOTE Thanks
martymck825

Yes I do
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

It appears to be a font problem. Somehow you have a font or fonts that are corrupted which are causing the overlapping of words. I'm not sure it's because you have Office installed although noting that MS Office installs a whole load of fonts.... When did the overlapping of words start?

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
martymck825

It started when I installed office now that I think about it. I just deleted office though and the problem has stopped. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Bman

Bman will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb

yeah its becuz when u install office...office and safari have the same names for fonts and safari doesnt know which to use so it gets messed up...so if u re-install just dont check the box that says install fonts

Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD
iPod Touch 8gb
QUOTE Thanks
the.gosine

the.gosine is on a distinguished road

try downloading

onyx or fontnuke
i beleive those will delete corruptinos..

or just uninstall office, then reinstall and choose not to install fonts
QUOTE Thanks
rising j

rising j is on a distinguished road

hmmm...i experience the same issues when using multi-touch and safari, however have seen the issues prior to and after my install of office....I made a post in a new thread( MBP Display Issues when using Multi-Touch/Safari you see blockiness, that i documented in the video, as well?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP Display Issues when using Multi-Touch/Safari | External HDD Will Not Unmount »