Unhappy I think I killed my powerbook 190cs
    Here's the whole story: I got a Powerbook 190 from my grandfather. He didn't give me the cord to plug it in with. I read that it said to ONLY use an apple cord. My step dad said "that's not how electricity works." and gave me a regular, random computer cord. I was unsure, but plugged him in anyway.

He worked perfectly for one night. Booted up right away. I played on him for a few hours. It was time to go to bed.

He hasn't woken up since. He's made the start up sound a few times, but never starts up. I've pushed the reset button on the back a thousand times. Nothing. I've held it down for 40 seconds, 4 or 5 times. I've taken the battery out, and then held the reset button. Nothing. I've tried everything I know to do, for about a month now.

I left him alone for a few weeks. I plugged him in today, and it made the start up sound, and then nothing.

Can I save him? How? Should I try an apple-specific computer cord? Do I need a new battery? If I did, wouldn't it start up with the battery out, but still plugged into the wall?

I even found a freaking airport card that'll work with it, and an external floppy disk for my new mac, so I can transfer files from one to the other. I was so excited about him. And my dreams were crushed.

Okay, I'm pretty sure I need an apple specific power cord, and to pray that I haven't fried my lappy. I have the part that has the box that plugs into the computer, but I need the one that connects from the box to the wall (right now it's a printer cord.)

i CANNOT find the cord I need online. Can someone help me with that?

Astoria, Or
    MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
    Ya just gotta know how to dig!

Good luck and I hope that solves the problem. You'll probably need to buy the whole thing. I couldn't find parts. Here is where I found the top two:;_yl...4k302496-22443

Thanks! I definitely just bookmarked one for fifty bucks, and you found me one for thirty!

Thread Information