Thread: Holy..So LOST

Holy..So LOST
    Hey Everyone... I just recieved an old g3 ibook for free and I basically want to dump my ipod on to the HD. I have tried ipod copy (its free and Im cheap) and it wouldnt open. Is there a better free software that works? or sometihng thats relatively cheap ( under$30). I have no idea of OS system or whats on the computer ( have never used a mac b4).

I also want to be able to back up my dvd collection. I have already figured out that it only has a cd player ( no Super drive I think its called), but can I add an external burner and what software will I need to accomplish this? On a previous PC I used dvd shrink and nero to backup ( it crashed and we'll Im cheap)

Thanks for any help in advace. Again I am computer retarded, so please use small words

rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
    Have you tried with iTunes ?

Or maybe this application might help you:
    My Blog: Apple Laptops

Modesto, Ca.
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    Click on the Apple in the top left corner and on About This Mac. What version of OSX does it say?

Senuti is the best application I have used for what you want to do and it's free.

thanks ya'll I am at work, so I will check when I get home and repost later. I'll try both of those and see what I get. I have had the same music and pics on the ipod for 2 years and its really outdated so I hope this works.

Definitely go with Senuti - if you have 10.3 scroll down the page to d/l the appropriate OS version.

Lightbulb New Problem!!
    Hey That worked... kind of. Now I have a different problem, I have no more drive space. I installed a 256mb RAM and its not recognizing it. I'll figure that one out later but can I swap hard drives and not lose my data? I have seen 120 or a 160 GB HD for pretty cheap. Would it just be better to get something external and dump the whole computer onto that? Any Brand Recommendations?

Thread Information