New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook - Holy..So LOST

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macasb

macasb is on a distinguished road

Hey Everyone... I just recieved an old g3 ibook for free and I basically want to dump my ipod on to the HD. I have tried ipod copy (its free and Im cheap) and it wouldnt open. Is there a better free software that works? or sometihng thats relatively cheap ( under$30). I have no idea of OS system or whats on the computer ( have never used a mac b4).

I also want to be able to back up my dvd collection. I have already figured out that it only has a cd player ( no Super drive I think its called), but can I add an external burner and what software will I need to accomplish this? On a previous PC I used dvd shrink and nero to backup ( it crashed and we'll Im cheap)

Thanks for any help in advace. Again I am computer retarded, so please use small words
QUOTE Thanks
Strukt

Strukt will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB

Have you tried with iTunes ?

Or maybe this application might help you:
http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/

My Blog: Apple Laptops
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Click on the Apple in the top left corner and on About This Mac. What version of OSX does it say?

Senuti is the best application I have used for what you want to do and it's free.
QUOTE Thanks
macasb

thanks ya'll I am at work, so I will check when I get home and repost later. I'll try both of those and see what I get. I have had the same music and pics on the ipod for 2 years and its really outdated so I hope this works.
QUOTE Thanks
johnwd5

johnwd5 is on a distinguished road

Definitely go with Senuti - if you have 10.3 scroll down the page to d/l the appropriate OS version.
QUOTE Thanks
macasb

Hey That worked... kind of. Now I have a different problem, I have no more drive space. I installed a 256mb RAM and its not recognizing it. I'll figure that one out later but can I swap hard drives and not lose my data? I have seen 120 or a 160 GB HD for pretty cheap. Would it just be better to get something external and dump the whole computer onto that? Any Brand Recommendations?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My Mac will be 2 years old soon. | I think I killed my powerbook 190cs »